Leaking Washer

stormdawg59

Jan 19, 2009
So my year and a half old washer is now leaking water. It is not coming from any of the hoses out of the back. I am hoping it is something easy that I can fix on my own, but need some help troubleshooting the possibilities. Any advice would be awesome.

Thanks,

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
This guy can help you. He's unemployed, lives near Newton.

maytag.jpg

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Check the gasket around the front where the door seals up.

4Cyclones

Sep 10, 2009
Ankeny
Call Dey Appliance in Urbandale with the model and problem. They will probably know resolution to problem. I had similar probelm on 8yr old maytag, and if I remember correctly, it was a seal on water pump. They sell to do-it-yourselfers, and might have a referall for you too, if you don't do it yourself. Parts will be cheap, labor won't. Good luck.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Use good quality gum and duct tape.

You can buy a plastic liner at Lowes to capture floor water if you cannot afford to have a small leak.

Big leaks - call the repairment if it is not a hose. In worst case, the tuib may need replaced.

CoachBob

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
Use good quality gum and duct tape.

You can buy a plastic liner at Lowes to capture floor water if you cannot afford to have a small leak.

Big leaks - call the repairment if it is not a hose. In worst case, the tuib may need replaced.

Could also be one of the pumps -- the pump that removes the water on mine has a plastic housing and cracked.. I had to do some sheetrock work when mine decided to let loose and flooded my floor and ruined the ceiling below. Mine was HE whirlpool model.