Who would you consider our rival to be in the new look Big 12?

Who is our big 12 rival?

• Kansas

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • K-State

Votes: 98 70.0%
  • Mizzou

Votes: 30 21.4%
  • Texas

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Texas A&M

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas Tech

• Baylor

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • OU

• Okie St

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I had to vote for Mizzou since we do play them for a trophy already... that being said of all the teams I think K-State should be our rival and if they aren't already they should be. The beatdowns that those bastards have put on the ISU football team in Manhattan have been brutal. I would venture to say that in some of those blowouts they have shown us less mercy then Osborne when he was at Nebraska. If there is one school I really want to see ISU hang 60 points on it is K-State.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I would think it'll end up being Mizzou or K State. We have to beat one of them first and see which fanbase gets more riled up over it.

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Easy answer.. it has to be K-State. They're the only ones with proximity besides Kansas and Missouri but they already hold an historic rivalry with each other.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
We dont have any particular rivalry with any of them.

None of them consider us a rival either.

The only ones it could be would be KU\KSU\Mizzou.
KU and Mizzou consider each other their main rivals.
KSU considers KU its main rival.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
By process of elimination, it would be K-State. But ISU and KSU fans really don't buy it, nor should they. ISU has never had a true conference rival where fans of both schools would say, yes, that's our rival.

cysocool

Jul 12, 2010
when we embarrass texas again this year they'll start to hate us, and when we beat them next year to win the Big12 title, it'll be a rivalry for decades, they'll call it the Rhoads-Brown throw down.

When all that happens- Brown will be fired so you'll have to come up with another name... :smile:

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
My vote is for Baylor. I think the Bears and the Cyclones have similar athletic histories based on both talent and performance in the three major sports (football, men's basketball, and women's basketball) that would have made for a great rivalry had they played every year when the Big 12 was formed, instead of rotating schedules.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
I, personally, hate K-State and A&M, so I would pick them. K-State is probably more likely (Obviously because A&M is obsessed with Texas). I would like one with Tech if we can keep having exciting games like last year and we can keep the Rhoads-Tubs "battle".

leroycyclone

Jan 2, 2010
Boulder, CO
None of the above. Don't have one.

Sad and true that we don't have a true rival.

Best rival was NU. I hated that football team. That's a rivalry.

Biggest rival is in Iowa City. I hate that college because of it's fans and athletes, not because of it's academic standing and contribution to the state.

The disparities in the Big 12 are too great; athletically, academically and financially.

If athletes are paid, the disparity in the conference and with other conferences will only grow. That will kill some rivalries.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron