The Final Countdown

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
No, not the song either. How is everybody going to spend the next two and a half days before the "rapture" hits Saturday evening? For me it's kind of fitting Jesus would come back to Earth the day of my best friends bachelor party. :cool:

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
I totally forgot. I guess I will spend my time finding someone who will give me a baptismal.

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
id already forgotten about this. i saw that someone bought a couple billboard spots as you come into DSM from ames. they bought a regular spot as well as the new electronic billboard. if god said that he would come back and we wouldn't know when, how does some guy do math problems to figure it out? not trying to make this religious, i just think he's a crackpot

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
id already forgotten about this. i saw that someone bought a couple billboard spots as you come into DSM from ames. they bought a regular spot as well as the new electronic billboard. if god said that he would come back and we wouldn't know when, how does some guy do math problems to figure it out? not trying to make this religious, i just think he's a crackpot

There's no doubt he's a crackpot. I mean, he says there will be a global earthquake starting at 6pm local time on May 21 that will progressively go around the globe starting in New Zealand. If God was going to destroy the world would he give a damn about time zones?:confused:

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
i was just happy to see that the expiration date on my container of milk expires on sunday. i think that's pretty good timing.

Naughtius

Oct 27, 2010
Central IA
I'm going to get up early, leave my pj's on my bed exactly as I'd been wearing them when I laid down, hide in the closet, and watch the hilarity ensue as my family wonders what happened.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
No, not the song either. How is everybody going to spend the next two and a half days before the "rapture" hits Saturday evening? For me it's kind of fitting Jesus would come back to Earth the day of my best friends bachelor party. :cool:

My buddy's bachelor party is also Saturday - golf, baseball, & bars.. Should be a pretty damn good last day :yes:

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere

Crap, I get to spend the morning picking up trash at our adopt a highway mile followed by an afternoon and evening get together with my wifes co-workers.

Not a very good last day.

CycloneWarrior

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 10, 2008
Urbandale,Ia
"However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows."
Matthew 24:36

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006

Not to mention the guy already predicted the Rapture to occur once already in 1994. After nothing happened, he said that he must have made an error in calculation. The truly sad thing is that there are people out there who believe this lunatic and who burn through all of their savings thinking that they won't be here come Saturday.

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
Crap, I get to spend the morning picking up trash at our adopt a highway mile followed by an afternoon and evening get together with my wifes co-workers.

Not a very good last day.

at least you are doing community service. maybe god will look favorably upon you

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
Not to mention the guy already predicted the Rapture to occur once already in 1994. After nothing happened, he said that he must have made an error in calculation. The truly sad thing is that there are people out there who believe this lunatic and who burn through all of their savings thinking that they won't be here come Saturday.

ya i read an article about it and they talked to a couple people that spent over 10k dollars in savings in the past month or so in preparation for this. i personally think they should have just donated it to me. I could have thought of better ways to spend that kind of money

Help Support Us

Become a patron