The Players Championship

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Well Tiger is off to a great start, +5 thru 5 holes........should have a bookie event to see if he w/d's before day's end.

I am guessing Bubba Watson was spot on earlier in the week and i think he just got into Tiger's head.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I agree that Bubba was spot on but I doubt he got into Tiger's head. No room there as Tiger has the whole place rented out.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Somehow I doubt Bubba Watson is the reason Tiger dumped it in the water twice.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
In general, Tiger never plays well at Sawgrass. He has of course won the event once but that was ten years ago.

I think the last two years he's just hung around at the cut line. It's not that often you see him in the dew-sweeper position.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
In general, Tiger never plays well at Sawgrass. He has of course won the event once but that was ten years ago.

I think the last two years he's just hung around at the cut line. It's not that often you see him in the dew-sweeper position.

Yeah, but he's terrible today. I hate to say it but Butch may be the only person that can get this fixed.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Yeah, but he's terrible today. I hate to say it but Butch may be the only person that can get this fixed.

He swing is fine. He's just turned into a head case. You don't finish in the top 5 of the masters, putting as poorly as he did, with a poor golf swing.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
He swing is fine. He's just turned into a head case. You don't finish in the top 5 of the masters, putting as poorly as he did, with a poor golf swing.

His swing is not good. It's constricted and his lower body movement is messed up. The Masters is the Masters and Tiger will play well there on a yearly basis with a messed up golf swing or not. He hit the ball well there, no doubt, but his swing is not what it once was. Consistency is the issue right now.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
His swing is not good. It's constricted and his lower body movement is messed up. The Masters is the Masters and Tiger will play well there on a yearly basis with a messed up golf swing or not. He hit the ball well there, no doubt, but his swing is not what it once was. Consistency is the issue right now.

consistency is 100% mental. He is a mental midget right now. Tiger's swing is fine. His confidence is not.

Bubba Watson said it best, he just needs to play. All this tinkering with his swing is dumb. He has golfed since he was 3. He knows how to swing a club.

Tiger also needs to play in more tournaments to gain confidence IMO

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Supposed to be a left leg injury

its amazing everytime he has a blow up round, he comes up with a mysterious injury.

He won the US open with a broken leg.........when he is playing well, injuries don't stop him - when he plays bad, a hang nail can make him quit.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
its amazing everytime he has a blow up round, he comes up with a mysterious injury.

He won the US open with a broken leg.........when he is playing well, injuries don't stop him - when he plays bad, a hang nail can make him quit.

So true. This is a shell of the old Tiger...

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
Tiger is so mind-jacked right now. When (and if) he finally decides to not worry about his image and starts being a **** to everyone again like he was in the past, he'll be back. Until then, this is the Tiger we should get familiar with.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

It's really not so mysterious since he hasn't played lately because of an injury.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Speaking of Tiger, the South Park episode with him & sex addiction was on last night, funny stuff!

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I think his knee is messed up.

I think his head is messed up. The sooner he gets back to banging nasty chicks that work at Perkins the sooner his golf game will come around. That is obviously the missing ingredient to his golf game.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
he needs to get married again, cheat on her, and then he will start winning tournies again

It must be something with Nike. First there was Tiger and then Lucas Glover who was also banging every chick in sight besides his wife.... Memo to PGA wives... if your husband is sponsored by Nike you should file for divorce immediately.