Story Co. Animal Control offers reward for info on dumped Boxers

Broodwich

Nov 22, 2006
42.186391, -93.598597
Sorry for the bummer of a thread here, but I am a big softie for dogs and wanted to get the word out about this travesty in Cyclone country.

Have you seen these dogs before? They are offering a reward.

NEVADA, IOWA -- Story County Animal Control Director Sue McCaskey is offering a reward for information leading to an arrest in an incident regarding two abused Boxer dogs that were found Monday in southern Story County.

The dogs were found near wire cages north of Maxwell in a ditch a gravel road off of 305th Street after Animal Control responded to a report from a resident who lives near to where the dogs were found. An initial assessment shows that there are tire tracks and beverage containers in the immediate vicinity of the dogs. The male dog was found around 12:45 PM, and the female dog was discovered later at 3:55PM.

The two dogs are now located at the Story County Animal Shelter in Nevada and are receiving proper nutrition and medical treatment.

Both dogs are in an extremely emaciated state, with overgrown nails. They currently are unable to stand or walk for extended periods of time without assistance. Their condition has been determined as a result of long-term neglect and abuse. Healthy weights for these two dogs should be in the 50-75 pound range. Their current weights are in the 20-22 pound area.

In their state of malnourishment, lack of access to water and record-high temperatures these two dogs would have perished had they not been found Monday by a perceptive local resident.

Story County Animal Control is pursuing this case as a crime and is working with the Story County Sheriff's Office to find those responsible. The is a reward being offered for information that leads to an arrest of individual(s) involved in this incident.

If you have pertinent information, please contact the Story County Animal Control office at 515-382-3338 or via e-mail at [email protected].

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Prepare for an ISU dogfighting scandal.

In all seriousness.. some people are pathetic. Those pictures are hard to look at.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
This type of **** pisses me off, ******* losers. Give your dog up instead of mistreating it like this.

Hawkcigar

Oct 22, 2006
I can't even stand to open the pictures to see. This kind of thing makes me absolutely sick and want to kick the inbred *** of whoever would do this.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Does anyone know what type of sentence someone would get for this? I just hope its substantial and harsh.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
How does the shelter have money to offer a reward? Not that its a bad thing... I just figured a place like that would be pretty strapped.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I love my boxer and stuff like this breaks my heart.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
How does the shelter have money to offer a reward? Not that its a bad thing... I just figured a place like that would be pretty strapped.

Donation? I donate $$$ to local humane society every year and I will donate more if I can help anyway to find ****ers who are responsible for this.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Disgusting. I hope they find the asshat responsible for this. It takes a special kind of low to do this to any living thing.

chewbocka

Nov 25, 2009
Does anyone know what type of sentence someone would get for this? I just hope its substantial and harsh.

From Iowa Code:
A person guilty of animal abuse is guilty of an aggravated misdemeanor.

A person who negligently or intentionally commits the offense of animal neglect is guilty of a simple misdemeanor. A person who intentionally commits the offense of animal neglect which results in serious injury to or the death of an animal is guilty of a serious misdemeanor.

Penalties are as follows:
Aggravated Misdemeanor: 2 years imprisonment or up to 1 year in jail and a fine of $625 to $6,250
Serious Misdemeanor: Up to 1 year in jail and a fine of $315 to $1,875
Simple Misdemeanor: 30 days in jail and a fine of $65 to $625

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I can't even imagine how someone can be screwed up enough to do this... Some people are just a straight up embarassment to society.

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
From Iowa Code:

Penalties are as follows:
Aggravated Misdemeanor: 2 years imprisonment or up to 1 year in jail and a fine of $625 to $6,250
Serious Misdemeanor: Up to 1 year in jail and a fine of $315 to $1,875
Simple Misdemeanor: 30 days in jail and a fine of $65 to $625

What is imprisonment vs. jail? Would imprisonment include house-arrest or something aside from the "big house"?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron