MLB: Mariners Have Had Enough of Milton Bradley

cigaretteman

Nov 8, 2006
Iowa
The often-turbulent career of Milton Bradley may have finally come to a dead end. The Seattle Mariners have designated the 33-year-old outfielder for assignment, meaning the team has 10 days to either trade or release him.

Milton Bradley has to be restrained by Mariners manager Eric Wedge as he argues a called third strike from umpire Mike Muchlinski during a game against the Chicago White Sox last Friday.

CAPTION
By Elaine Thompson, AP

Bradley's 12 seasons in the majors have been marred by injuries, suspensions and clashes with his teammates, coaches, umpires and the media. Most recently he received a one-game ban after he was ejected for arguing with an umpire in an April 29 game in Boston.

Bradley's performance on the field this season made it that much easier for the Mariners to cut ties. He was hitting just .218 with two homers and 13 RBI in 101 at-bats.
He's in the final year of a three-year, $30 million contract that includes a salary of $12 million this season.

Mariners decide to cut ties to Milton Bradley - Daily Pitch: MLB News, Standings, Schedules & More - USATODAY.com

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
That is one fine looking mustache on Eric Wedge. Didn't even recognize him.

Also, Milton Bradley should be out of a job. He's had so many chances, but has never matured and still thinks the world is out to get him.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
What is wrong with this guy that he just can't be normal?

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I think the GM's that keep giving him these contracts are the ones that are on drugs.

Hey guys, if you need somebody to hit <.200 with no power and no ability to play defense, all while carrying a ****** attitude, getting into multiple altercations with fans and umps, and being a terrible clubhouse guy, I'm available. What say we start the bidding at 3 years, $7.5 mil?? I'm a bargain.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I think the GM's that keep giving him these contracts are the ones that are on drugs.

Hey guys, if you need somebody to hit <.200 with no power and no ability to play defense, all while carrying a ****** attitude, getting into multiple altercations with fans and umps, and being a terrible clubhouse guy, I'm available. What say we start the bidding at 3 years, $7.5 mil?? I'm a bargain.

Yes, but do you have a name stolen from one of the major game manufacturers? Is your name Hasbro or Playskool?

I agree with CyJack; how many second chances does this guy get?

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Yes, but do you have a name stolen from one of the major game manufacturers? Is your name Hasbro or Playskool?

I agree with CyJack; how many second chances does this guy get?

For that kind of money, I'd change it. C.A. Playskool has a certain ring to it....of course it also sounds like the name of a guy that isn't allowed within so many feet of a school.

Bradley is just a huge waste of talent. He was productive during his stints in Texas and San Diego before he crashed and burned at the end. His time in Chicago and now Seattle was just a total abortion.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Well, Milton, it's been fun...here's your career in a nutshell:

0821_Milton-Bradley_400x280.jpg
2009_09_milton_bradley.jpg
MiltonBradley.jpg
milton_bradley_4.jpg
milton_bradley_0109.jpg
MiltonBradley.jpg
milton-bradley-middle-finger.jpg
Cubs-Milton-Bradley-Risk-11.jpg

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
This settles it. I need to teach my son to switch hit in baseball and long snap in football and he will never have to work a real job in his life.

I can't believe that there aren't enough decent switch/left handed hitters in the minors so that this bozo doesn't keep getting shots.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron