I love free taco bell, especially on Tuesday Oct 30

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I refuse to enter the taco bell in Ames. I kinda hoped it would do the francise a favor and die out a while ago...

Maybe it has improved some in the 3 years or so since I last entered it... but I have my doubts.

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
A buddy of mine got 6 tacos there about 5 years ago. He went and was loading up on Hot Sauce since it was to go. The manager told him he could only have one per taco, and my friend grabbed a couple extra handfuls and walked out. On his way out the guy told him he couldn't ever eat in there again and was trying to have everybody working get a look at him. My friend took no small amount of crap from us for being kicked out of the Ames Taco Bell for life. Shameful
:unsure:

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
Yeah, great promotion for people that actually work. They are giving out the free taco today between 2 p.m. and 5. Like people are going to take work off so they can get there free taco.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
You guys are sissies. There is nothing wrong with hair, toadstools, and feces on your burrito grande. It helps fight infection and is loaded with antioxidants.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Yeah, great promotion for people that actually work. They are giving out the free taco today between 2 p.m. and 5. Like people are going to take work off so they can get there free taco.

Nahhh, people will do it. These are the same group that would sit in line for 2 hrs for a tank of free gas. And I only laugh because I have seen people do it.

markshir

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
One time I ate an entire grande combo (ten tacos) plus a mexican pizza at a Taco Bell down in Georgia before we started driving back to Iowa. In Illinois I started throwing up and didn't stop for about 24 hours -- that was the most sick I've ever been. Ever since Taco Bell lost some of its appeal for me, but a free taco, that might be too good to pass up.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
One time I ate an entire grande combo (ten tacos) plus a mexican pizza at a Taco Bell down in Georgia before we started driving back to Iowa. In Illinois I started throwing up and didn't stop for about 24 hours -- that was the most sick I've ever been. Ever since Taco Bell lost some of its appeal for me, but a free taco, that might be too good to pass up.

Got to watch yourself. In highschool I ate a six pack and a pound from Taco Johns and have been scared of potato oles ever since. I tell you what, one of the hardest things I have ever had to do was to swallow that last ole.

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
This thread really hurts.... hearing all of you put down the ames Taco bell....
I worked there when I lived in ames from about late 2001 till 2004 ish. And most of these comments are un founded for the most part. Except that guy asking for the extra hot sauce I think I remember that one lol. While it is the oldest Taco bell in the state, We kept it nice and clean.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

59 cent taco == 24 hrs of hell... yeah seems worth it.

Factor in your ER room copay into that free taco. I would advise against it.

Help Support Us

Become a patron