OHHHHHHH!! Brett Favre!!!

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I was most impressed with Denver's field goal unit at the end of regulation being able to get on the field and make the kick as the clock expired -- Ok, I'm an Iowa State football fan, what do you expect???

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Hate the Packers but hate the Denver Donkeys even more. That was great to see Favre go for it all on the very first play of OT.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
We're watching history being made every week with Mr. Favre. I'm going to miss that guy when he finally retires.

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
Love the ending. This team is giving me an early heart attack though.

Once again the Packers are finding ways to keep teams close and can't put games away. Bigby needs to get a lashing from the coaches this week. I think he had at least 4 penalties for 45-50 yards... most on critical plays.

6-1!!!!

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
Just saw part of the press conference. Looks like Brett checked out of the called routes for the OT winner... great audible!

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
Love the ending. This team is giving me an early heart attack though.

Once again the Packers are finding ways to keep teams close and can't put games away. Bigby needs to get a lashing from the coaches this week. I think he had at least 4 penalties for 45-50 yards... most on critical plays.

6-1!!!!

Agreed, he should be stuffed into a burlap bag and beaten for that stupidity. Why did it seem like Steve Young was giving Favre backhanded compliments after the game? Anyone else noticed that? He was really mushing on Cutlar.

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
man in glad they won tonight, i was so pissed with the amount of penalties by the packers. brett favre is so good still. its good to see the pack 6-1 i just wish they could run the ball on a more consistent basis. did anyone else notice all the penalties in the game tonight, my goodness. Im a die hard pack fan so I was not happy to have Atari Bigbi get 2 pass interfence penalties, personal foul late hit, and a delay of game penalty alone. i remember them saying at one point in the third or fourth about there being 17 penalties and like 11 on green bay. they need to clean that up if we want to beat the chiefs

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Looks like the ball was 65-70 yards in the air. Think maybe Bret Meyer can uncork one like Bret Favre?

goldmember

May 31, 2006
man in glad they won tonight, i was so pissed with the amount of penalties by the packers. brett favre is so good still. its good to see the pack 6-1 i just wish they could run the ball on a more consistent basis. did anyone else notice all the penalties in the game tonight, my goodness. Im a die hard pack fan so I was not happy to have Atari Bigbi get 2 pass interfence penalties, personal foul late hit, and a delay of game penalty alone. i remember them saying at one point in the third or fourth about there being 17 penalties and like 11 on green bay. they need to clean that up if we want to beat the chiefs

I agree, the penalties were frustrating...but glad the Pack over came them for the win.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I am still watching. But I am a Green Bay fan so I am probably gonna favor Brett over Cutler but I couldn't stand that how Young was just falling at his feet. That guy cost them the game in my mind. He messed up by fumbling the first time they were inside the five and then he almost screwed them in the end. Luckily Elam saved there A@$ once again. I have heard some people on ESPN trying to compare Cutler to Brett. That got ain't got S@$# on Brett.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Looks like Cutler had the ball popped out of his hands with a hit from his left guard. Note that it went flying down to the ground. Surprised the announcers did not discuss. Discuss.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
They did discuss it.

Cutler is going to be a good QB. He has the attitude you like to see in a QB and a rocket for an arm. Once he smartens up a bit he will be one of the better QB's in the league. But he is no Brett Favre. A lot of people on this board this time last year, where saying how Favre was embarrassing himself and playing way past his prime. I don't hear anybody saying anything now. I am not a Packers fan but there is nobody I enjoy watching play more than that man

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
You could clearly see the left guard knock the ball out of Cutler's hands, the broncos let that game get away from them unfotunately. I was getting sick and tired of hearing the announcers gush over Favre for the entire game though, apparently it was the brett favre appreciation show with a football game for entertainment. Tony kornheiser was going to need a change of pants if that game went on any longer and he had to talk about Favre some more.

BvK1126

Apr 12, 2007
Denver, CO
Looks like a bad week for Colorado.
Yeah, tell me about it. :sad: I was at Game 4 of the World Series last night, and was hoping for a Broncos' victory tonight to take the edge off of what was a disappointing showing by the Colorado Rockies against the Red Sox. Obviously, that didn't work out so well for me... :cry:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron