McFarland and the RB's

Whitey

Apr 4, 2006
Ames, IA
Isn't it fantastic to see an OC trying out more than one player at a position when the status quo isn't working? It makes me wonder how many yard Koch could have gained last year, if we hadn't continued to put Hicks in when he couldn't average better than the 4 yards a carry.

I love to see good, game-time coaching. It makes me optimistic.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Nebraska had 4 running backs last year and it worked out well. We could use a fourth like a Kockster type also.

I would like to see Bass and Robinson get in the same backfield with some trickery involved.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Isn't it fantastic to see an OC trying out more than one player at a position when the status quo isn't working? It makes me wonder how many yard Koch could have gained last year, if we hadn't continued to put Hicks in when he couldn't average better than the 4 yards a carry.

Like field goal kicking? :wink:

Chizik and Co. have said that all 3 backs will get carries this year and they definitely have. We have had 3 different guys rush for 100 yards this year. That's a good problem to have.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Nebraska had 4 running backs last year and it worked out well. We could use a fourth like a Kockster type also.

I would like to see Bass and Robinson get in the same backfield with some trickery involved.

exactly, if this is a strength of our team as far as talent goes, please be aggressive with it and make opposing defenses have to defend our talented players.

i love this idea even more knowing that both have take it to the house type speed....something stevie never had....great heart, just didnt have the 4.4 speed we need to compete in the big 12.

Great post Bryce!!!!

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
I checked the totals to see Bass only had 20 yards. man, i swear that he had more....perhaps he had 1 good sized run and a slug of short gains, that skewed my perception.

One thing i do like is that ISU doesnt seem to abandon the run at all this year. They just keep hammering it out.

allyclone

Aug 16, 2007

Makes me wonder why the QB position isn't subject to the same kind of scrutiny.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
I checked the totals to see Bass only had 20 yards. man, i swear that he had more....perhaps he had 1 good sized run and a slug of short gains, that skewed my perception.

One thing i do like is that ISU doesnt seem to abandon the run at all this year. They just keep hammering it out.

Which is why we have such a big advantage in time of possession this year. I have to think that eventually this running game will make us dangerous in the red zone. Right now for whatever reason we fall on our face when we get inside the 20... and that can probably be attributed to the fact that our running game is still pretty inconsistent. When we can reliably hammer away at a defense I think that will help out our red zone offense. Plus, since we finally have some backs with breakaway speed, maybe we can get the threat of a big play back every once and a while.

Cyphor

Aug 9, 2006
It makes me feel real good about the offensive line. All these guys are coming back next year and they seem to play very well together. I listened to an interview w/ Dedrick and was very impressed. The guy is well spoken, knows football, and is a great competitor. I can't wait to see what he and the rest of the lads can do next season.

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
Which is why we have such a big advantage in time of possession this year. I have to think that eventually this running game will make us dangerous in the red zone. Right now for whatever reason we fall on our face when we get inside the 20... and that can probably be attributed to the fact that our running game is still pretty inconsistent. When we can reliably hammer away at a defense I think that will help out our red zone offense. Plus, since we finally have some backs with breakaway speed, maybe we can get the threat of a big play back every once and a while.

ISU #5 in the nation in time of position at just over 32 min a game.

Cymon

Apr 10, 2006
Ankeny
The running game is a huge relief for me after the "4.9 forty speed" of Stevie Hicks. He should have been made a linebacker.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron