One way to raise attention

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
To how rediculous the NCAA is.

Play Lucca in every game even though he is inelgible. If I knew that we had ZERO chance at going to the NCAA tourny without him it would be quite comical.

:wink:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Stick it to the NCAA:
tmlay276.jpg

Last edited:

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Lucca will not be playing during the appeal process, even the exhibition games. The staff hopes to hear back sometime this week about the first appeal. Apparently, Lucca can appeal more than once...this just keeps getting more complicated.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
To how rediculous the NCAA is.

Play Lucca in every game even though he is inelgible. If I knew that we had ZERO chance at going to the NCAA tourny without him it would be quite comical.

:wink:
I gotta say that as much as I am a rule keeper, this does, AT THIS TIME (with the 3rd hand (at best) information I have heard) seem like a good way to protest. I'm sure there would be way to many penalties against (potentially) our entire Athletic Department, though.

markshir

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I know this isn't going to happen, but I have to wonder what would happen if we did it. I've always thought that forcing teams to "forfeit" after the game has been played is one of the stupidest rules. Take Michigan for example, everyone knows that they won a ton of games and made the Final Four with the Fab Five. The fact that "officially" there were only three teams in the Final Four one year... who cares. The fans and players and everyone else loved it while it happened.

I have to think that playing Lucca every game would get covered nationally. I just don't know what the perception would be. Oh well, it won't happen.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
Well what exactly are they going to do to us if we play Lucca in the exhibition games? Force us to forfeit? Which accomplishes what?

Then again, they would probably make us ineligible for the NCAA tournament because of it.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
If forfeiting the games was the only penalty I would say go for it, at least long enough for it to be picked up on by national media. Perhaps even just one time during a big nationally televised game like Kansas.

If I were a player on the team I would accept that consequence so that I could help out a teammate.

Llama006

Oct 2, 2007
Well what exactly are they going to do to us if we play Lucca in the exhibition games? Force us to forfeit? Which accomplishes what?

Then again, they would probably make us ineligible for the NCAA tournament because of it.
The exibition games are used to prepare the team for the regular season. It wouldn't help the team to give their minutes to a player that won't be able to play during the season (or at least during the beginning of the season).

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
The exibition games are used to prepare the team for the regular season. It wouldn't help the team to give their minutes to a player that won't be able to play during the season (or at least during the beginning of the season).

So we should penalize Lucca twice for doing nothing wrong? I say let him at least play the exhibition games. It sends a message to the NCAA and it lets Lucca get some playing time. Besides, he just might give up and go back home if we don't show him some support.

Why doesn't the press get more involved? I think money has corrupted the entire system - this was once an amatuer sport involving teenage college kids - now it is an industry.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Our program would probably end up sanctioned.....lose scholarships, probation, barred from postseason play (big deal), etc.

Although I still think it would be worth it to draw attention to the idiocy of their decision.

Llama006

Oct 2, 2007
So we should penalize Lucca twice for doing nothing wrong? I say let him at least play the exhibition games. It sends a message to the NCAA and it lets Lucca get some playing time. Besides, he just might give up and go back home if we don't show him some support.

Why doesn't the press get more involved? I think money has corrupted the entire system - this was once an amatuer sport involving teenage college kids - now it is an industry.
Lucca isn't going back to Germany without a degree. I'd be absolutely shocked if he left, even if the suspension stands.

At this point you do what is best for the team, and what is best for the team is simulating game situations. Adding a good player to their roster that won't be available during the regular season (or at least right away) is not the best way to prepare the team.

I realize Lucca has fun playing basketball, but so do the walk-ons. You don't take their feelings into consideration, and you don't take Lucca's feelings into consideration when you are trying to win games. You develope a scheme to win games, and you play it out. If it looks like Lucca won't be available, it does absolutely no good to the team to give him time in the exibition games.