Staiger had Euro Pro Offers

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Wonderful....... I hope they let him back in. I was really excited to see him play.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Add another great Cyclone recruit to the list of guys who never will play one game at ISU. I would be shocked if he plays at Iowa State.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
What I don't get is why he loses one year. Either he is a pro or he isn't. So he gets them all or none as I would see it. This is a joke.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Has anyone heard back from e-mails/letters/faxes that they have sent to the NCAA?

Is everyone still sending them?

I believe I will be sending another one today.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
From our perspective:

NCAA - Not Cool and Certainly Atrocious (used the nice word)

If the NCAA wants our respect they should reduce the penalty to 10 games (for them to save their face) and let Lucca play Big 12. He is getting up there in his years.

Man, where is the love for foreign students? The NCAA acts like they are a pack of dunderheads.

Last edited:

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Man, where is the love for foreign students? The NCAA acts like they are a pack of dunderheads.

I actually can see this becoming a "foreign student" discrimination issue very quickly. I am surprised that more national news venues have not jumped on this. They are always in for a good controversy.

But, you have hit the nail on the head!

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Unfortunately, I am among those that believe we will never see Lucca on the court for ISU. It really *****s me off!

It is doubtful the NCAA reduces this penalty and as already mentioned, if they did, the appeal will last too long to give Lucca any benefit.

The REAL kicker on this is that I believe after we have lost Lucca, the NCAA will see the wrong in this and future players will not be penalized as Lucca was. Likely it will be associated with a "name" program who is able to get through the red tape quicker and set a new precedent of a suspension for a few games.

If it at least made ANY sense at all, I could accept it, but it rivals the most ridiculous, out of left field ruling that has ever been made by the NCAA.

Wishing Lucca the best wherever the chips end up.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
Has anyone heard back from e-mails/letters/faxes that they have sent to the NCAA?

Is everyone still sending them?

I believe I will be sending another one today.
I haven't heard back crap. The Jim Rome show sent back an automated response with some advertising in it though. :mad:

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I think this story will get some national press time pretty soon. It took until today to hit the register, so give it some time.

Also, I think Lucca and his family should hire an attorney,as I would think they have legal recourse against this ruling.

I would put money on the AD department taking every possible measure to getting this ruling overturned.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Hi little people,

I am the NCAA. I am God of college Sports and I know it. I have been accused of making stupid decisions in the past by little people. For others, I have understood they have a program to preserve. For that reason, I let Oklahoma Sampson get away with it. I talked to Bobby Stoops and let him know that I am not happy that he did not watch his boys. Ha-ha.

Yet, I am the NCAA and I need to pick on some poor kid from overseas in order to send a message to Kelvin and Bobby that I am forever watching. You kight think I am a bit onerous and overbearing. Not me. I do what I do.

Yes, I am slow to investigate because I have all the power and I want you to remember what slow is. I plod and I pick at you. Yet, I remain the overseer of college sports and I can do no wrong as I AM THE SUPREME CPOURT for digressions on the part of lowly members.

I do not make mistakes, because I am the perficindo of all situations. I am the NCAA.

The NCAA

Last edited:

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
Also, I think Lucca and his family should hire an attorney,as I would think they have legal recourse against this ruling.
I doubt he would want to pay for it. Student legal services should represent him though. That would be interesting.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX

I guess it will come down to whether he really wants a college education. If he can get pro offers in Europe, it wouldn't make much sense to spend a bunch of money on a lawsuit.

The only other reason I can see for sticking it out at ISU is that playing NCAA ball will get him better exposure for the NBA, but I think the NBA scouts keep a pretty close eye on the Euro leagues anyway.

herbiedoobie

Jan 3, 2007
Germany
Criner's Cyclones got the next step up from the NCAA "death penalty" for a couple of rides to DMACC and three "Happy Meals" from McDonald. The same month, Tom Osborne threatened to withdraw Nebraska from the NCAA if NCAA investigators even stepped foot on Nebraska's campus. And NCAA backed down from their threats to investigate Nebraska.

NCAA is really good at kicking the dog when grandma farts. They are a multi-billion dollar organization whose main concern is making sure that their employees continue to work for free.

And we should respect those scum-bags why?

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I used to be all about the college education instead of going pro... But, to be completely honest, if I (or my non-existent child) had an offer to go pro and get PAID $$$$$ to play, I would go pro. You can always go back to college, but you can't always play pro.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my college experience and wouldn't trade it in, but to turn down an opportunity to play this year at a team that NBA scouts would have their eyes on would be highly tempting.

Seth

Mar 17, 2006
Columbia, SC
"Staiger said five of his former teammates at Ehingen are now playing college basketball in the United States."

There's the real kick to the balls. Lucca's innocent of any wrongdoing. Lucca did everything he needed to do to be eligible. If Lucca had enrolled a year earlier it wouldn't matter. What a crock of sh*t.

Llama006

Oct 2, 2007
"Staiger said five of his former teammates at Ehingen are now playing college basketball in the United States."

There's the real kick to the balls. Lucca's innocent of any wrongdoing. Lucca did everything he needed to do to be eligible. If Lucca had enrolled a year earlier it wouldn't matter. What a crock of sh*t.
I know one of them plays for Belmont. I'm not sure where the others are.

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

I like the thought process, and it's a good attempt, but the acronym that you've come up with is "NCCA," not "NCAA." Sorry, I just couldn't pass this up without saying something. Go 'Clones and go Lucca Staiger--beat down that "NCCA!" :wink:

iceclone

Nov 26, 2006
From our perspective:

Instead of changing the acronym, perhaps someone can rewrite Eric Idle's "FCC Song" to fit the occasion? Somehow when this all emerged I immediately started humming the first verse. If you are not familiar with it, it starts like this:

**** you very much the FCC
**** you very much for fining me
Five thousand bucks a **** so I'm really out of luck
That’s more than Heidi Fliess was charging me.
So **** you very much the FCC