GMC Acadia

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I don't have one, but have ridden in a couple and have driven one once. They are pretty awesome IMO.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I test drove one. I wanted to get it but since it doesn't seat 7 my wife voted against it. It is awesome though. Great SUV.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
my friend just got one, its pretty nice and got a hell of lease deal on it. i would give a thumbs up.

Walt76

Apr 11, 2006
They look awesome. Now, if I only didn't have this anti-GM bias at the moment...

We rented a Chevy Traverse (model equivalent) on a recent golf trip. We were very impressed by the roominess and smooth ride. The Buick looks much better, IMO.

Cyclone29

Jul 21, 2009
Ramseyauto.com. Its where I bought my GMC and I love it. The GM of Ramsey is a donor and vehicle provider to the iowa state football program. Win win situation imo.

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
I have the Outlook which is Saturn's version and my mom has the Acadia. Both of us absolutely love our vehicle and would not trade it. Mine seats 7 and hers seats 6 as it has bucket seats in the middle and I have a bench across mine.

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ramseyauto.com. Its where I bought my GMC and I love it. The GM of Ramsey is a donor and vehicle provider to the iowa state football program. Win win situation imo.

Ramsey will treat you right. On the other hand Bob Brown tried to charge me $500 for work that was under warranty on a Canyon I owned. I called BS and called the region GM manager and I think (hope) they got their butt chewed. It was a blatant attempt to steal $500 from me. I will never go there again.

Acadia is a nice vehicle and we considered it but went with a minivan instead. Look at the Pilot as well.

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
My partents have a Chevy Traverse and my Aunt has a Acadia, I LOVE THEM BOTH. I like the bucket seats it has for the second row (makes it seem like is has more room).

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
We rented a Chevy Traverse (model equivalent) on a recent golf trip. We were very impressed by the roominess and smooth ride. The Buick looks much better, IMO.

I think the GMC is closer to the Buick than it is the Traverse.

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
Parents have a 08 Buick Enclave (same thing) I drove it to Arizona and it is a awesome ride. Gets good gas mileage for the size of vehicle too.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I drove one when I bought my SUV. It was really nice, but for the price I got a fully loaded Pilot. I was shocked at how much they cost.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
My partents have a Chevy Traverse and my Aunt has a Acadia, I LOVE THEM BOTH. I like the bucket seats it has for the second row (makes it seem like is has more room).

I drove a 2 year old traverse, wow, that thing was not built well. It felt like a 10 year old vehicle. Things were rattling all over.

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
We have a 2007, bought it in November with 35,000 miles. Love it. They have some with bench middle seats and some with bucket middle seats. Wife wanted the bucket so we got those. It's amazing in the snow.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I test drove one. I wanted to get it but since it doesn't seat 7 my wife voted against it. It is awesome though. Great SUV.

now my wife is on board so I may get one after all. but my 13 year old, who will drive whatever car I buy now in a few years says it's a "moms car". Really? Surely it's a guys car too.

ncclone

Apr 12, 2006
I have a 2009 fully loaded except AWD. I absolutely love mine except for one thing. The gas mileage is bad (16 mpg). I drive mostly in town. Even with that, I would get another in a heartbeat!

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Don't have one, but I just got my most recent issue of Car & Driver magazine & they rated all the "cross-overs". Here's how they ranked 'em:

6. New Ford Explorer - best looking, IMO, but bad review
5. Honda Pilot
4. Chevy Traverse / GMC Acadia
3. Toyota Highlander
2. Dodge Durango
1. Mazda CX9

Apparently the Mazda has won this competition/comparison two years in a row now. It might be worth looking at them. FWIW, I'm a GM guy, & I've been looking at the Acadia too, but will now take a look at the Mazda as well.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Don't have one, but I just got my most recent issue of Car & Driver magazine & they rated all the "cross-overs". Here's how they ranked 'em:

6. New Ford Explorer - best looking, IMO, but bad review
5. Honda Pilot
4. Chevy Traverse / GMC Acadia
3. Toyota Highlander
2. Dodge Durango
1. Mazda CX9

Apparently the Mazda has won this competition/comparison two years in a row now. It might be worth looking at them. FWIW, I'm a GM guy, & I've been looking at the Acadia too, but will now take a look at the Mazda as well.

This is the first negative thing I've seen about Ford in a long time.

This is especially bad for the Explorer since it's brand new and all the others besides the Durango are older models.