Colbert Polling in Double Digits

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
If my two major party choices are Clinton and Giuliani, I'll vote third party. And I'd definitely consider Colbert as a protest vote. I think the 13% for Cobert shows that a lot of people are disillusioned with the current partisan politics and may consider a serious third party candidate. It will be interesting if anyone comes forward to run as an Independent.

herbiedoobie

Jan 3, 2007
Germany
If my two major party choices are Clinton and Giuliani, I'll vote third party. And I'd definitely consider Colbert as a protest vote. I think the 13% for Cobert shows that a lot of people are disillusioned with the current partisan politics and may consider a serious third party candidate. It will be interesting if anyone comes forward to run as an Independent.

Personally, I fail to see the difference between Clinton and Giuliani. As a conservative, I would stay home, instead of voting, and that would be the first time, ever.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
Personally, I fail to see the difference between Clinton and Giuliani. As a conservative, I would stay home, instead of voting, and that would be the first time, ever.
But, but... 9-11!

Giuliani gets knocked for his abortion and gun control stances, but as far as the presidency goes his actions would not produce any different results than more conservative presidents. Nothing substantial will happen with abortion without a shift in the Supreme Court, and Giuliani has a big thing about appointing strict constructionist judges.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I don't know. I'm not a huge Giuliani fan, but he talks all the time about cutting spending, while Hillary has yet to find a spending program that she doesn't like.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
I don't know. I'm not a huge Giuliani fan, but he talks all the time about cutting spending, while Hillary has yet to find a spending program that she doesn't like.
While this might not be relevant to many, Giuliani's personal life really makes me shy away from him. He is on his third wife and his own son refuses to endorse him. That says a little something to me. I'm not sure if I want someone who has so little control over their own life to have control over the country. Obama's smoking raise similar concerns, just to a lesser extent, and yes, I know about Clinton.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
While this might not be relevant to many, Giuliani's personal life really makes me shy away from him. He is on his third wife and his own son refuses to endorse him. That says a little something to me. I'm not sure if I want someone who has so little control over their own life to have control over the country. Obama's smoking raise similar concerns, just to a lesser extent, and yes, I know about Clinton.
I like Huckabee and Duncan Hunter, but obviously I have to keep my eyes open because those are long shots.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA

Obama smokes?

ericlambi

Mar 24, 2006
I'm not sure if he still does, he was going to quit. As of about 6 months ago he smoked several a day. (He said 2-4 or so.)

Unbelievable. Anyone dumb enough to smoke is not smart enough to be president.