Ohio Man Found Fused to Chair He Had Sat in for 2 Years

cigaretteman

Nov 8, 2006
Iowa
A morbidly obese Ohio man was in the hospital Tuesday after police found him fused to a chair he had not moved from in two years and were forced to cut a hole in the wall of his house just to get him out, WTRF-TV reported.
The unnamed man lived with two able-bodied roommates -- including his girlfriend, who officials said fed him since he never got up -- in a home in Bellaire, Ohio. The roommates called police upon finding the man unresponsive on Sunday.
Officers who responded to the scene said that the man's skin was fused to the fabric of chair and that he was sitting in his own feces and urine with maggots visible.
One officer said it was the worst thing he had ever responded to. Another told the local TV station he had to throw away his uniform after helping remove the man from the chair.

Obese Ohio Man Found Fused to Chair He Sat in for 2 Years - FoxNews.com

zwclones51

Aug 4, 2010
West Des Moines
That makes me wanna throw up even thinking about that. WTF is his girlfriend and the other roomate thinking? Kinda curious as to what the male and his gf actually look like.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
this reminds me of the story where the morbidly obese person was fused on a toilet seat where they lived for years (Kansas, i think?)...just disgusting to think about. typically with able bodied people around them like that you have to figure SOME sort of abuse took place.

Edit: found it - The Body Odd - Fused to a toilet? How? Huh?

Abuse??? I don't know about that. Stupidity and degeneracy, absolutely.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Abuse??? I don't know about that. Stupidity and degeneracy, absolutely.

I remember reading into the Kansas one and that they were looking into physical abuse by the people around her but I don't believe they found anything but definitely mental and emotional abuse took a toll on the woman to the point she didn't want to leave the house. She was brainwashed so to speak into never wanting to leave the house or even move, so...she just stayed there. Just sick to think about.

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
I remember reading into the Kansas one and that they were looking into physical abuse by the people around her but I don't believe they found anything but definitely mental and emotional abuse took a toll on the woman to the point she didn't want to leave the house. She was brainwashed so to speak into never wanting to leave the house or even move, so...she just stayed there. Just sick to think about.

Maybe the chair had been sprayed with scotchguard.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

Ya, you definitely have to question the mental capacity of people that would allow a family member or roommate to get so large and immobile that they start to become one, with the chair they never leave.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron