dish vs. dtv?

larrybob33

Mar 22, 2006
West Des Moines
thanks for the advice in regards to the OTA HD/DVR. so it seems that i can record HD with either dish.

this (if anything) complicates things. if i couldn't dvr my ota hd with one vs. the other it would have simplified my decision.

what are benefits to dish vs. dtv? what are your opinions about the two systems. is one better than the other?

again, thanks.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
DirecTV will have more HD channels now and in the future. It has better sports packages (i.e. Sunday ticket), and it is my preference.

Dish is slightly cheaper, but pretty much equivalent if you don't care about having as many HD channels and Sunday Ticket.

It's really pretty much 6 of one and half a dozen of the other, with Sunday Ticket, NASCAR and a couple of other trivial things (cricket for example) only on DirecTV. if you're REALLY a sports nut, DirecTV is a bit better, IMO.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
DirecTV will have more HD channels now and in the future. It has better sports packages (i.e. Sunday ticket), and it is my preference.

Dish is slightly cheaper, but pretty much equivalent if you don't care about having as many HD channels and Sunday Ticket.

It's really pretty much 6 of one and half a dozen of the other, with Sunday Ticket, NASCAR and a couple of other trivial things (cricket for example) only on DirecTV. if you're REALLY a sports nut, DirecTV is a bit better, IMO.

Ditto. I've had both. DirecTV gets my nod if your talking HD.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
There is more pr0n on Dish, or ahh so I have heard. That is ahh what my friend told me.

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
What about the evening of consummation? Or was the night of conception before this, thus leading to the hillbilly shotgun wedding?

hilb_hon.jpg

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
What about the evening of consummation? Or was the night of conception before this, thus leading to the hillbilly shotgun wedding?

hilb_hon.jpg

You are supposed to consumate a wedding? No one ever told me that!

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
You are supposed to consumate a wedding? No one ever told me that!

I suppose you played uno on your wedding night instead? I was partial to Monopoly. She told me that she would let me see after the game was over. You know how monopoly goes, five years later and we are still playing that same game. Im thinking she is doing this on purpose.

Last edited:

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I think Directv is the Bee's Knees. I know a few people with Dish and haven't been impressed.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
I think Dish has more intuitive menus from my experience. It also allows an 18 month contract (vs. two years) if that makes any difference. Direct TV is better for sports though from what I can tell.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron