Which team to leave Big 12 if you could've picked?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

simesclone

Feb 18, 2010
If you could have picked which team or teams to leave the Big 12 who would they be? One of mine would have been Kansas State instead of Nebraska (glad to see Colorado go). Always hated their football team, and have'nt cared for their basketball team lately.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Basically like it happened. NU are arrogant $%#@ along with CU, Texas is full of them as well, but they seem to be a team that kept the band together.

H

Hugs4ISU

Being, by most accounts, the bottom team in the old Big 12 North, it seems tacky to pick on the team that has usually held that spot in the South, but I'd pick Baylor. They got themselves into the Big 12 through old fashioned Texas politics, and they used their Texas political supporters to almost get the Big 12 broken up.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Aggie bob's pick to leave the good old big 12 or is it now 10? LOL

TEXAS TECH.....what a place..tumblewood city.. just a dreadful place to be from or to visit in general..............

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Hah! Iowa State! Being in the Big Ten would solve some problems with the Iowa rivalry, offer better exposure--and who wouldn't like a chance to beat them twice a year in basketball? :wink:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Honestly I liked the old big 12 but I'm happy with how it shook out. I'm pumped to play the round robin.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Funny thing is, if this thread appears on any other Big 12 school's fan site it's ISU that's getting the boot...

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Funny thing is, if this thread appears on any other Big 12 school's fan site it's ISU that's getting the boot...
I thought Perrault had left. :smile: Just kidding Jdogg, Just kidding.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City

Still, we would rank higher than Baylor. At least since the Big 12 started we ACTUALLY have won conference titles in the "big 2 sports." And, we have won 3 bowl games to Baylor's 0 (plus 5/6 appearances to their 1). Thus, giving us an argument everytime and winning.

Basketball success alone, (not getting into $finance side of things), would not have ISU being in the bottom two.

I would go with Tech and Baylor as the two to drop.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

Probably Baylor first. We bring a lot more than them in any measurable capacity.

Given the changing landscape of what matters in college athletics, there's a better argument for removing both TTU or KSU before us as well. Logically speaking, we should be about 4th on the list of who goes with Baylor, KSU, and TTU all bringing less to the table.