any spider experts?

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
i was doing some laundry and i grabbed a pile of cloths and threw them in the washer and on top of a shirt there was a brown spider. i kinda freaked and got off the shirt and smashed it.

Do wolf spiders and brown recluse spiders get mistaken for each other a lot? it's pretty unidentifiable now but i'm thinking it was a brown recluse. Mainly due to the fact that wolf spiders are usually pretty quick and it's hard to catch one. This one was slower or average speed i guess for a spider. there's a chance i may have slightly hurt it as i was grabbing cloths and tossing them around, not sure though.

Anyway, if it was a brown recluse, i guess i feel pretty lucky that i didn't get bit. :shocked:

*edit
After doing some searching, it looks like it might be this guyTrachelas. i really remember the reddish-brown forelegs a lot and the dark head. at first i thought it was holding an egg sac, but it as just the black head.
img_TrachelasSmall.jpg

Last edited:

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I don't know why I opened this thread. Those pictures make my skin crawl. I have a very severe case of arachnophobia.

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
no i don't have any pics. i got squashed and then washed down the sink drain. i know dumb. just glad i didn't get bite

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I don't know why I opened this thread. Those pictures make my skin crawl. I have a very severe case of arachnophobia.

than you'll love this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV4d9LCawU&feature=related"]YouTube - Big Spider Attacks Daddy[/ame]