SoundOff and Burnside

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Just wondering what my fellow CyFanatics' opinions are concerning what Heather brings to the SoundOff "table." I'm not completely sold on her as the "best choice" to replace Fales. --Just curious about what others think.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
You wouldn't be the only one who thinks that. I've only watched it once or twice in the last 2 months for that reason. Plus last night there was no Murphy so they might as well of cancelled the show.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
She's not really good or bad..just there. Also, did anyone catch last night something they said about Andy coming back for something?

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I like her material, but her delivery is just bleh.

Last edited by a moderator:

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Just wondering what my fellow CyFanatics' opinions are concerning what Heather brings to the SoundOff "table." I'm not completely sold on her as the "best choice" to replace Fales. --Just curious about what others think.

Fales was the show. Anyone else is going to suck by comparison. Murphy is great too but he is no fales. The fat lady sucks big time though.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I removed SoundOff from my tivo recently. It is just boring now with heather on, she adds nothing to the show.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I wonder what Andy's reasons are for leaving because that was one heck of a gig he landed there in KC. You're right, I doubt he lands back at 13 due to they have 2 new guys and don't have the room and it would be cool to see him back on Soundoff though. But I'm guessing if he winds up with another Sports Anchor job in Des Moines Ch. 8 sounds like Heidi Soliday is out there although Andy did burn some bridges with his doppler war rant about Ch 8 awhile back plus I don't see him wanting to play 2nd fiddle to the guys they have there now. Maybe he can join KxNO and bump either Jon Miller or Dumb and Dumber out of a spot or something with his own show.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Kcci would be smart to hire Fales. He did not burn any bridges with that doppler rant, it was funny, I bet even Johnny Mac laughed at that. KCCI has big $$ to toss around to a new sports director, and they know that is the one thing WHO has on them. Because the rest of KCCI's broadcast is much better.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
It'd be sweet if he did kcci but was still allowed to do soundoff again

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny

What's SoundOFF???

The Gene Chizik show is on Channel 5 at 10:30 on Sunday evening. :yes:

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
What's SoundOFF???

The Gene Chizik show is on Channel 5 at 10:30 on Sunday evening. :yes:

I hear you! I wait until after the GC Show is over and then turn it over to SoundOff. I agree with many who feel that the show has lost much of its appeal since Fales left. I really would like to see someone with a sports mind that contributed thought-provoking, intelligent discussions. Burnside lacks that. Heck, I know he's a Hawk-homer, but I think Jon M. would do a much better job than Burnsy - did I just say that???:eek: