Anyone else having problems with hotmail?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
If youre using it for business, sign up for google apps and get your own domain. Its like $10 a year for the domain, and you get the ability to set up google accounts through that domain, including gmail and almost everything else google offers.

Google Apps helps groups build communities – Google Apps

The reason I am still using this email account is mainly longevity. Everyone I know, both personally and professionally, uses it to contact me. Is there a way to roll over those emails to my new account, or do I have to contact everyone under the sun with my new email address?

I have a separate email address for work, but it's linked to my hotmail account so that I only have to check one.

I do have a gmail account that I never uses except when I want to sign into google analytics.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
The reason I am still using this email account is mainly longevity. Everyone I know, both personally and professionally, uses it to contact me. Is there a way to roll over those emails to my new account, or do I have to contact everyone under the sun with my new email address?

I have a separate email address for work, but it's linked to my hotmail account so that I only have to check one.

I do have a gmail account that I never uses except when I want to sign into google analytics.

Gmail is great. You can have all your Hotmail emails be fetched by Gmail. I have three separate email accounts that all dump into my Gmail, and have them color-coded and labeled to tell them all apart (Work, school, etc.)

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids

Just have your hotmail forward to gmail. You can also set up gmail to send messages 'from' your hotmail email address using gmail. Its really nice to be able to switch between sending email from work, school, and personal email addresses without changing your email client.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Just have your hotmail forward to gmail. You can also set up gmail to send messages 'from' your hotmail email address using gmail. Its really nice to be able to switch between sending email from work, school, and personal email addresses without changing your email client.

Yep...I do this, too. Forgot to mention that. Great feature.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Although, it gets interesting sometimes when I forget to change what email I send stuff from and my prof wonders who it is that sent the email.

I make that same mistake. I wish they would fix this somehow, remembering who you email from which account, and making that the default.

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
Although, it gets interesting sometimes when I forget to change what email I send stuff from and my prof wonders who it is that sent the email.

Gmail has an option to handle that. In the Setting on the Accounts tab select this:

Reply from the same address the message was sent to

After you have forwarding setup you just need to add the account as a sender. Do that in the Accounts tab also. Then the option should appear.

Reactions: isucyfan

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Gmail has an option to handle that. In the Setting on the Accounts tab select this:

Reply from the same address the message was sent to

After you have forwarding setup you just need to add the account as a sender. Do that in the Accounts tab also. Then the option should appear.

Damn, thanks for that tip. Can't believe I missed that.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron