Cedric Everson

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

'Clones Fan

Nov 13, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
There is some talk going on amongst some Iowa fans that a Cedric Everson a Freshman DB from Iowa may have participated in some illegal activity of the worst kind. Here is a link to a you tube video, sexual assualt is mentioned reading below.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpevpWqUdIg]YouTube - Roc&A.Butta Feat.CedricEverson & D.Woods-Pullin on my jersey[/ame]

Has anyone heard anything else about this? I also noticed that on the Hawk message boards that are wondering why every thread posted about him is deleted and censored.

'Clones Fan

Nov 13, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I also noticed on their message boards that their is discussion as well. Just wondered if anyone else had heard anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
While I have heard RUMORS flying around, I have heard nothing else. Let's try to keep the speculation to a minimum until a reputable news source has something on the situation.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
I am aware of what the rumors are. The Hawkeye sights have been dealing with this for a day.

Remember that unconfirmed reports of an indiviuals involvement in a crime is not allowed.

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
Yeah I saw the rumors on HR before they were all removed they involved another player too but I can't recall his exact name I know the last name started with a S.

And if they are true this is the kinda trouble that will get picked up nation wide...

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
While I have heard RUMORS flying around, I have heard nothing else. Let's try to keep the speculation to a minimum until a reputable news source has something on the situation.

Keep the speculation to a minimum? This is an intraweb message board. That is all we know how to do. Well that and slander people.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Lets hope they are only rumors. I don't care how much you hate the Hawks, you should never wish for something like this to happen.

That being said, if the rumors are true, I think KF and crew are going to be under a lot of scrutiny, and there will be calls for him to be fired. If the rumors are true, it is really spiraling out of control in Iowa City

'Clones Fan

Nov 13, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Keep the speculation to a minimum? This is an intraweb message board. That is all we know how to do. Well that and slander people.

My intent was to slander no one. Obviously, we have all read CF enough to know that you can't believe everything that you read on a message board. I was just curious if anyone had heard anything more concrete.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I concur with the previous remarks; nothing has been proven and we're dealing with the lives of real people. We obviously allow discussions on any topic but we have to be careful what gets posted that could be considered slanderous or cause harm to individuals when it isn't necessary.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Lets hope they are only rumors. I don't care how much you hate the Hawks, you should never wish for something like this to happen.

That being said, if the rumors are true, I think KF and crew are going to be under a lot of scrutiny, and there will be calls for him to be fired. If the rumors are true, it is really spiraling out of control in Iowa City

I hope to God that what I've heard are rumors. If they are indeed true, then it will be very difficult to support the staff. Hopefully, and I really hope, that this is all just a fabrication of somebody's imagination.

No matter how much you hate a team - this is not something to hope for.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
If these rumors are indeed true, I think Ferentz is going to be facing scrutiny from more than just people with an interest in the Iowa Football program.

This guy is supposed to be guiding young people, and if these two are charged with a felony, that's 5% of all scholarship players facing felony charges.

That's not the sort of thing you can tolerate from the highest paid public employee in the state of Iowa. Even Miami players are keeping their noses cleaner than Iowa players this year.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
If these rumors are indeed true, I think Ferentz is going to be facing scrutiny from more than just people with an interest in the Iowa Football program.

This guy is supposed to be guiding young people, and if these two are charged with a felony, that's 5% of all scholarship players facing felony charges.

That's not the sort of thing you can tolerate from the highest paid public employee in the state of Iowa. Even Miami players are keeping their noses cleaner than Iowa players this year.

Yup. Agree 100%. How demoralizing.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Let's hope for the state of Iowa's sake this stuff is not true. Iowa State has taken a hard line as we all know, and we can be proud of how former Coach McCarney handled this stuff, and Coach McDermott and the standards set by Coach Chizik. Not to mention AD Pollard and Pres.Geof.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Even Miami players are keeping their noses cleaner than Iowa players this year.

Randy Shannon has done a great job at Miami in gaining respect from his players. At the moment, they are not the same "U" on the field, but they are also not the same "U" off the field.