Verizon phones

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I am up for a new phone on the 26th. Right now I have an Android phone and I do like it but my company is Blackberry integrated which makes going back to Blackberry very tempting. I liked the Blackberry system but I had the Storm 1 which was an enormous fail. I know some of you guys out there pay a lot of attention to this stuff so I would like to know if there will be anything new coming out that I should take a look at as far as Droid or Blackberry. Right now, I would probably go with the Bold as everyone I know who has one loves it. All thoughts are appreciated.

CP44

Nov 27, 2006
get one of the new 4g ones they will be sweet... i would recommend either the htc thunderbolt, droid bionic, or the samsung lte(havent released the actual name yet)

Cyclone711

Oct 27, 2007
Minnesota
I am up for a new phone on the 26th. Right now I have an Android phone and I do like it but my company is Blackberry integrated which makes going back to Blackberry very tempting. I liked the Blackberry system but I had the Storm 1 which was an enormous fail. I know some of you guys out there pay a lot of attention to this stuff so I would like to know if there will be anything new coming out that I should take a look at as far as Droid or Blackberry. Right now, I would probably go with the Bold as everyone I know who has one loves it. All thoughts are appreciated.

If you go Blackberry I would wait till the Storm 3 (Reportedly coming out sometime this year). It will be a large upgrade over anything Bberry has to offer right now. If you go the Android route the Thunderbold is coming out in a bit as well as the Droid Bionic. Those 3 would be my top choices (Spec-wise) if you were looking at Bberry or Droid. I personally don't like Blackberry because of their clear lack of innovation, and inability to be on the cutting edge.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
If your company has an exchange server, which I would guess they do, there really should be no advantage to a BB over your current android phone or any new smart phone.

I'd say go and play with some phones, determine how big of a phone you want and if a physical keyborad is important to you, then pick the one you like the best (knowing you'll likely have it for 2 years)