If Garrett gets drafted it would help the program for years

TedFlintKansas

Mar 5, 2009
thetailgatesociety.com
If Garrett gets drafted this could help the Cyclones win for years to come, Now with Korie Lucious coming to town, if Hoiberg can come in and one year get Diante from a decent big 12 point guard to an NBA Draft pick he could sell his NBA connections with transfers and high school players for years to come, and it helps that White has a great chance to become an NBA player, so lets go out and cheer for DG tonight and hope he goes on to become an NBA player because he could have a much bigger legacy from his actions after he left ISU then his time here

Last edited:

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I don't think Garrett will get drafted. However he may get signed somewhere and could end up in the NBDL.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
If Garrett gets drafted this could help the Cyclones win for years to come, Now with Korie Lucious coming to town, if Hoiberg can come in and one year get Diante from a decent big 12 point guard to an NBA Draft pick he could sell his NBA connections with transfers and high school players for years to come, and it helps that White has a great chance to become an NBA player, so lets go out and cheer for DG tonight and hope he goes on to become an NBA player because he could have a much bigger legacy from his actions after he left ISU then his time here

That is very true but it wont happen, he is likely going d-league or europe

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I think he's got a chance as a 2nd round pick. Second round is all projects these days anyway, and with his size and quickness he's probably about as attractive a project as anybody else.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
While I agree it would help if he got drafted, I'm pretty sure CFH can use his numbers this year compared to before he was here to showcase to any recruit what he can do if given a bit of time and hard work with a player.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
It would be nice. Hig PPG totals have been much improved, as well as his numbers in assists this season as well. Still, the finishing of games this year could come back to bite him. Late second round with his size and his "back in to you" dribble around the perimeter is a lot like old "Magic Johnson's style." (Not that DG is anywhere near Magic's talent...nonetheless, NBA GMs should notice his production this year...along with his size at the point.)

I agree, if he did get drafted...that would be huge for Hoiberg... would just show how he molded this kid and got production out of him. Thus, young players will pay attention real soon....and becoming Cyclones. Real scouts have got to know that we have been playing with a BARE cupboard all season long.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I think he has a shot at the second round, but we'll see. I really hope he does get drafted.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

I totally agree with your post. Like others have said, I don't believe DG gets drafted, but I think the ideal situation would be if he gets an invite to NBA Summer League workouts. I think Hoiberg can really show his pull if he can get at least one of the seniors an NBA audition. Regardless whether DG makes it to an NBA roster next year, the scouts will be making more trips to Ames next year, and that should be another great way to sell recruits on being a Cyclone.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I think he has a shot at the second round, but we'll see. I really hope he does get drafted.

I think second round is very possible. It'll depend largely on how he performs at some of the pre-draft camps. As Paul Shirley showed everyone, you only need to get invited to an NBA training camp to have a long, semi-successful career on the fringes of the NBA.

Just getting a player drafted would be a big boost for Hoiberg. At some point, he'll need some actual evidence to back up his recruiting pitch for guys who want to get to the NBA.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
IMO DG's improvement this season will help open eyes as much as DG getting drafted.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
IMO DG's improvement this season will help open eyes as much as DG getting drafted.
He will have to go to summer tryout tournaments and play well against the competition, but it could happen. He is a sneaky fast 6-4 who can run forever. He will have to step it up on defense chasing. His three point shot looks much better than last year. His fadeaway is needed in the pros. He has as good a chance as most American guards. It is all about how well he shows.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I haven't seen his name on any of the early mock drafts. It would be great, but I think he is more likely to get some invites to work out, and maybe get on a D-league team or Europe for sure. I'm sure FH can at least help him get some tryouts.