Have to love the call-in show

trigger1

May 21, 2008
Ames
"Hey coach, what are you going to do next year so we have a better chance of winning these close games?"

"Well Denny, we're going to try and score more points than the other team."

:biglaugh:

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
What else have they talked about? Anything about transfers or incoming recruits? I missed it again:mad:

trigger1

May 21, 2008
Ames
What else have they talked about? Anything about transfers or incoming recruits? I missed it again:mad:

Was only paying sporadic attention, didn't catch any real big news about transfers/recruits. It's just the off the wall comments that caught my ear.

As John Walters just said (during Coach Fennelly's segment), it's been a cornucopia of comments tonight. This came right after a caller just asked John if he knew anything about incoming wrestling recruits and the next caller wanted to tell Coach Fred to warn the team when they go to Italy to watch out and be careful because Italy is the pickpocket capital of the world. :rolleyes:

Guess it's a good things we have concerned fans.

jtm

Mar 31, 2006
So tell us what you would ask Coach Hoiberg. You sound somewhat intelligence ?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
God bless those coaches who do the call-in show. Hopefully our fanbase isn't as stupid as they appear.

My personal favorite is Bob from North Carolina who always manages to get in the fact that his kid plays soccer. If I've heard it once, I've heard it a thousand times.

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
God bless those coaches who do the call-in show. Hopefully our fanbase isn't as stupid as they appear.

My personal favorite is Bob from North Carolina who always manages to get in the fact that his kid plays soccer. If I've heard it once, I've heard it a thousand times.

I actually know the guy personally. He comes to all of our gamewatches. Apparently his kid is pretty good. Just won the 3A state championship a few months back. They're scouting him out for some scholarships right now.

Bob calls in a lot I take it?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I actually know the guy personally. He comes to all of our gamewatches. Apparently his kid is pretty good. Just won the 3A state championship a few months back. They're scouting him out for some scholarships right now.

Bob calls in a lot I take it?

I'm sure he is a good guy.

But I am guessing that every coach knows that Bob's kid plays soccer. It comes up in every call he makes. He asks if the team got flu shots? His kids soccer team got flu shots. He asks about how teams prepare for games---he tells you how the soccer team does it. He says he wasn't able to listen to the football game due to his son's soccer game. I'd give anything for one of them to ask him about the soccer game before he brings it up. All of those coaches have to know it is coming.

My funniest Bob story was a few weeks ago. He calls in and says that Jamie reminds him of Christian Laetner out of Duke. Fred says yes, but Jamie is more of a big man who plays like a guard and Laetner was a true post. Bob argued with Fred for a long time about it. They went back and forth quite a bit.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
I wish he and fans would quit mentioning his heart condition. It makes me worried every time it's mentioned. Just keep it under control with your doctors and quit making us fans nervous about it!!

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
I'm sure he is a good guy.

But I am guessing that every coach knows that Bob's kid plays soccer. It comes up in every call he makes. He asks if the team got flu shots? His kids soccer team got flu shots. He asks about how teams prepare for games---he tells you how the soccer team does it. He says he wasn't able to listen to the football game due to his son's soccer game. I'd give anything for one of them to ask him about the soccer game before he brings it up. All of those coaches have to know it is coming.

My funniest Bob story was a few weeks ago. He calls in and says that Jamie reminds him of Christian Laetner out of Duke. Fred says yes, but Jamie is more of a big man who plays like a guard and Laetner was a true post. Bob argued with Fred for a long time about it. They went back and forth quite a bit.

Ya we're definitely talking about the same guy here. Bob's great. He's a Duke fan when they aren't playing ISU so the Christian Laetner comment doesn't surprise me.

Being the person trying to get a solid group of fans built up here in Raleigh/Durham, I'm glad to have guys like Bob. He's only missed gamewatches that overlapped his son's soccer games.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Ya we're definitely talking about the same guy here. Bob's great. He's a Duke fan when they aren't playing ISU so the Christian Laetner comment doesn't surprise me.

Being the person trying to get a solid group of fans built up here in Raleigh/Durham, I'm glad to have guys like Bob. He's only missed gamewatches that overlapped his son's soccer games.

His son plays soccer?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I wish that there were better call screening for those shows. Denny and Dave are embarassing. I used to make fun of Tommy from Des Moines. Can't say much now.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
I wish that there were better call screening for those shows. Denny and Dave are embarassing. I used to make fun of Tommy from Des Moines. Can't say much now.

Are we talking Denny from Clear Lake and Diamond Dave? I don't get to listen to the Call in show

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron