Nebraska losing again

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
C

Cyclone42

Nebraska is behind 36-14 as I write this.

So... Pedersen gets the ax. Osborne is hired, whom Callahan referred to as a "crusty old (expletive)". Nebraska will likely be 4-4 going into a difficult road game against Texas, meaning that Nebraska will likely have a losing record after the Texas game. Any doubts about Callahan being fired?

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I realize the coaching isn't great there, but those players need to have a little pride in themselves. Letting this A&M team come in and dominate by 3 TDs smells like a team in quit mode. I realize lots of things are going on there, but those players are gutless.

I'm not sure how this snowballed so quickly out there, but they went from playing USC in a big, primetime spot to now going 4-8 and having everyone's head roll.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I think the main problem with NE is that Callahan promised everyone he recruited that they would start, which of course can't happen. He also lost a lot of the experienced guys that just quite the team because the new, talented guys were suppose come in a be way better. Offensively they are okay, but defensively they are a train wreck. ISU really gave 2 games away this year, NE and of course, Toledo.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
No way Callahan survives this week as coach of the Shuckers. I predict a statement will be made by Tuesday, saying he's gone following this season.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Bo Ruud, Cory McKuon and another two Huskers were injured, mostly by Jaworski Lane. Outscored by 20 in second half.

mharder

Apr 11, 2006
Rancho Cordova, CA
I realize the coaching isn't great there, but those players need to have a little pride in themselves. Letting this A&M team come in and dominate by 3 TDs smells like a team in quit mode. I realize lots of things are going on there, but those players are gutless.

I'm not sure how this snowballed so quickly out there, but they went from playing USC in a big, primetime spot to now going 4-8 and having everyone's head roll.
Quit mode? Sounds like the Raiders when Callahan was coaching.

TxCycloneFan

Oct 19, 2006
Bastrop TX
2 of my favorite things happened today, the Aggies win and the cornhaulers lose!

Plus the squawks lost. Now if only we had won and tu had lost, it would have been a perfect Saturday!

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
They would be crazy to fire Callahan.... he gets them to mediocre bowl games every year, and it is hard to recruit to Lincoln, and he is the best they could ever hope to get, and who else would they get in his place.... ROFL!

Honestly, I hope they pull it together to close the season out. With the rest of the big 12 north looking really solid, we need a creampuff Nebraska out there to give us a breather between the Missouri, KU and the other real north powers. We need those easy wins the next couple years to help Chizik get this program built back up.

herbiedoobie

Jan 3, 2007
Germany
Guys, we gotta try some "reverse English" with this. Something like this:

"Gosh, fellas, I sure hope they fire Callahan! No way can we ever hope to compete with Nebraska with a feller like him in charge. He makes us all wet our pants in fear, every time we play the Bugeaters!"

Now, try that, and maybe they'll keep him around for awhile, so Nebraska can become our perennial punching bag.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
The main problem I have, as much as I enjoy seeing Nebraska struggle, is that we aren't beating them when they are down. We still lose. We need to take advantage of this.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I think Nebraska is turning into a joke. Reading the things I have online seem comical really. I think Osborne is going to stick his nose too far into the coaches business making it impossible for Calli to do anything. He is attending about every practice meeting with the coach all the time. Telling him that cordinators need to be on the sidelines.

Come on Osborne... If you want to coach then coach... I think it would be hard for them to find a good coach after the season unless they REALLY pony up the dough. Cause they already have 2 million invested in getting Pederson out of town. I'm sure Calli won't be cheap

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Nebraska is just another K-State now, another Miami. With only 85 schollies now, they can't hide away all the other great players. Those great players go to other teams now. They used to stockpile great players and never play them, just so other schools couldn't get to them, they can't do that anymore. Parity is taking hold of college football. We're just late to the party.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Nebraska is just another K-State now, another Miami. With only 85 schollies now, they can't hide away all the other great players. Those great players go to other teams now. They used to stockpile great players and never play them, just so other schools couldn't get to them, they can't do that anymore. Parity is taking hold of college football. We're just late to the party.

Thats a pretty good statement right there.:yes:

pdxclone

Feb 7, 2007
Metropolis of Ames
Did you hear what happened in North Platte, Nebraska last Thursday? Some guy went to Walmart and left his 2 tickets to this Saturday’s husker game laying on the dash of his pickup and when he came back outside he found 4 more stuck under the windshield wipers!!!

And the guy who sent this story was their punter in the early 70’s :twitcy: