What are they saying in Redville this week?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
The Huskers are planning a big visit weekend and will host five of the top prospects in the country. HuskersIllustrated.com has a list of nine visitors and growing. Which four-star athlete will be watching the defense on Saturday? Will Blake Lawrence be there for Nebraska or is he just in town to see the Jayhawks play? There will be a lot of talent in Memorial Stadium on Saturday.

40-15 is not something Nebraska fans will forget anytime soon. The Kansas Jayhawks embarrassed Nebraska last season in Lawrence. Now it is time for the Huskers to return the favor. Will the Huskers put an exclamation mark on the start of Big 12 conference play?:rofl8yi: Or will they struggle with the young Jayhawks? :wink0st: We're breaking down the game like no one else and answering the important questions: Will Cody Glenn play on Saturday? :dull8ay: Will Kurt Mann miss his fourth game in a row?:sad9cd:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Kurt mann is very iffy for the Iowa state gamne also having mono and trying to recover.Barney "Feifer" Byford plays center now for Red. He really was the player of the game against USC although no one who watched the game were impressed. Like giving him the Employee of the Month parking spot.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
The Huskers are planning a big visit weekend and will host five of the top prospects in the country. HuskersIllustrated.com has a list of nine visitors and growing. Which four-star athlete will be watching the defense on Saturday? Will Blake Lawrence be there for Nebraska or is he just in town to see the Jayhawks play? There will be a lot of talent in Memorial Stadium on Saturday.

40-15 is not something Nebraska fans will forget anytime soon. The Kansas Jayhawks embarrassed Nebraska last season in Lawrence. Now it is time for the Huskers to return the favor. Will the Huskers put an exclamation mark on the start of Big 12 conference play?:rofl8yi: Or will they struggle with the young Jayhawks? :wink0st: We're breaking down the game like no one else and answering the important questions: Will Cody Glenn play on Saturday? :dull8ay: Will Kurt Mann miss his fourth game in a row?:sad9cd:

What is this for? I'm not sure this is relevant - did you mean to post this on a Husker board?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
We play NE soon and these are their Red concerns. Kurt Mann is their big time center and he is out. Their recruiting is only at nine, etc. No, this is in keeping with watching what our main opponent is up to. Red fans are still upset about the Play Not to Lose Big Game at USC, Looks like Kenny Wilson is close to Marlon Lucky as the running back starter. They should be prime for an upset in Ames.

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
We play UNI first. I think we will beat UNI but we can't look past them to NE. This would be a good thread to have next week, mixed in with the fire mac threads that will surely be present.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
If we do not beat UNI, it won't matter against Nebraska. We will not have enough wins to make Shreveport. The season is ticking and we must play better. The must have games start next week. Missouri is another one.

amyk33

Mar 29, 2006
We play UNI first. I think we will beat UNI but we can't look past them to NE. This would be a good thread to have next week, mixed in with the fire mac threads that will surely be present.
ah, but that is the beauty of being the fan, versus being a player...we can look ahead.

i say "look ahead" as opposed to "overlook" with regards to UNI.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
We play NE soon and these are their Red concerns. Kurt Mann is their big time center and he is out. Their recruiting is only at nine, etc. No, this is in keeping with watching what our main opponent is up to. Red fans are still upset about the Play Not to Lose Big Game at USC, Looks like Kenny Wilson is close to Marlon Lucky as the running back starter. They should be prime for an upset in Ames.

Byford has done a helluva job filling in for Mann at Center. USC is in the rear view mirror and I have no problem what so ever with the offensive gameplan the Huskers took to L.A, which was ball control, eat up clock, keep USC's offense off the field and have a chance to win in the 4th quarter.

Where do you come up with that the Huskers are primed for an upset? If anything, the Huskers will be licking their chops after reviewing film of ISU's crappy pass defense.

Did you not see Marlon's stats from the Troy game? 15 rushes, 156 yards, 3 TD's, if anything, Marlon is establishing himself as the #1 back with Kenny Wilson the #2 back, however, though, difference between the 2 of them is hardly noticeable.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Simple. Iowa State will need to win the game more and meet the season's biggest challenge. The band and student body and North wind will pull out all stops. Byford, being new, is still not where Kurt Mann was at in running the o line show.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
Simple. Iowa State will need to win the game more and meet the season's biggest challenge. The band and student body and North wind will pull out all stops. Byford, being new, is still not where Kurt Mann was at in running the o line show.

Keep dreaming. I cann't to ask the question "so do you guys still think there's no difference in talent between Nebraska & Iowa State"? after we hang 50 points & 600 yards of total offense on your sorry defense.

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
garn91-can we take that as your (misguided) prediction for the game?

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
garn91-can we take that as your (misguided) prediction for the game?

Why is it misguided? Or cann't you accept that Iowa State ranks near the bottom of every major Big 12 defensive statistical category and Nebraska is at or near the top in every major offensive statistical category?

Each team has played 4 games and the numbers don't lie about each team's performance.

http://www.big12sports.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2006-2007/confldrs.html

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2006&div=4&site=org

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
600 yards offense by Nebraska in Ames? That will never happen. We are not the Buckaroos from Moundview State. That was awhile back when Tommie Frazier was in college.

Last edited:

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Garn91-That post was just meant to be a good-natured jibe. Sorry if it irritated you. I personally think 600 yds and 50 pts for Nebraska is a little excessive.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
You win Garn...
"All hail Nebraska, All hail Nebraska" "Tom Osborne was the second coming, Tom Osborne was the second coming" "Big Red will crush USC.Big Red willl Crush USC" May my children be luck enough to attend UNL....:wink0st:

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
600 yards offense by Nebraska in Ames? That will never happen. We are not the Buckaroos from Moundview State.

Does Toledo racking up 43 points and 400 plus yards (358 in regulation) ring a bell?

What if anything has your defense done in 4 games that has shown they are capable of stoping an offense with the firepower of Nebraska?

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Keep dreaming. I cann't to ask the question "so do you guys still think there's no difference in talent between Nebraska & Iowa State"? after we hang 50 points & 600 yards of total offense on your sorry defense.

There's no need to get belligerent. You look like a Squawkeye fan, posting garbage like this.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
You have to know that ISU is going to get beat by Nebraska when Zac Taylor is putting up better numbers that Bret Meyer. Taylor is not half the athlete Meyer is, but there system puts enough points on the board and the defense has some athletes. My early guess is Nebraska 28, ISU 13.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Hey, we're waiting till the Nebraska game to strut our stuff.
50 points? For whom? This is not a basketball game. We are not expecting the blowout you make us believe. We are not the Scouts from San Wapeloo High.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
garn, This board has remained relatively smack-free with the exception of YOU. I'm not going to ban you or edit your posts, but honestly, you're treading on thin ice here. How about this, I'll bet you any amount of money you wish that Nebraska will not score 50 and put up 600 yards of offense. Because that is absolutely ridiculous and utterly idiotic.

That is stupid smack talk, and this board has been better off bereft of that crap. Take it somewhere else if you want to engage in that.