Footballoffice/locker facilities

GrimesCy

Oct 25, 2008
Grimes
I know the architect sketches have not been released yet but does anyone know where they will build next to the indoor facility?South or East? I am thinking that the design of the facility might look like the Jake building design or something that would compliment the structure of the indoor facility. I heard when the Jake was built Gene Smith negotiated with the contractor/s and they ended up cutting quite a bit of corners like not building the walls all the way to the ceiling for the assistant coaches offices etc. What will the new facility hold? Practice locker rooms? new weight room? 40 yard track for sprints? I just want to know if there is any inside info on what has been talked about to the general public.

Thanks,

Curtis Gertz

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
It sounds like they are still working on the plans. Like most of the plans running around, we probably will not hear about them until after basketball season. As far as where the building is going to go, I would think it would have to go south of the Bergstrom. It could also go east in to that parking lot, but I would think the Athletics Department would want to keep that parking for those donors. My bet is that the offices/ football complex is built to the south of the Bergstrom and is attached to it as well. The football field already there may be moved further south as well.

This is just my guess.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
It sounds like they are still working on the plans. Like most of the plans running around, we probably will not hear about them until after basketball season. As far as where the building is going to go, I would think it would have to go south of the Bergstrom. It could also go east in to that parking lot, but I would think the Athletics Department would want to keep that parking for those donors. My bet is that the offices/ football complex is built to the south of the Bergstrom and is attached to it as well. The football field already there may be moved further south as well.

This is just my guess.

South would take out part of the Johnny Majors Practice Field.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
Whatever the location, you can bet somebody in Ames will ***** about it. The neighbors along Beach will ***** or the city will *****. Write it down.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
South would take out part of the Johnny Majors Practice Field.

I dont know that area very well, but couldnt they just move hte field further south? Maybe there is not enough room, maybe there is.

With the lockier rooms, why couldn't there be two locker rooms? One for parctice gear at the football complex attached to the Bergstrom, and another one for game days. I would assume that a lot of schools do this already.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I dont know that area very well, but couldnt they just move hte field further south? Maybe there is not enough room, maybe there is.

Nope. There's no room down there.

jts.png

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Yes or they could move it further South into the parking area.

Both South or East are viable options and I'm sure both are being explored.

It will go in the parking lot between the Jacobson/Olson Buildings and the Bergstrom Indoor Practice Facility.

nickcyv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2009
It will go in the parking lot between the Jacobson/Olson Buildings and the Bergstrom Indoor Practice Facility.

That is where it is going to be built. Connecting the IPF and Jake/Olson building in some way.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
I wish we could buy out Beach Ave. and then have all of our practice fields all in one spot. That would be Ideal/end dream