So who has info on the Bowling in of South Endzone.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
I know Rhoads mentioned something about it at the recent Grid Iron club outing.

Who has more specifics?

This is huge for the program and Athletics Dept. Someone has to know something...

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I would check the other 2 threads about this? Otherwise nothing new has come out.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Kyle, your alternate account is just not working...

Hey, on another note, Robot Chicken is on Cartoon Network right now.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
I'll tell you everything I know for only $5,000. And, I also accept paypal.

5,000? I'll do one better. $4900. Or a suite at Jack Trice next season and access to a private jet to fly up for each game from Oklahoma. And remember, VISA is everywhere you want to be.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
My offer is $2349.27. Transaction can be made through ebay to ensure a secure transfer.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
For the longest time I've been one of those that believes you first need to start winning consistently... and then the demand for seating would then dictate that you need to bowl in the south endzone.

But I've changed my mind on that. I'm now of the belief that... "If you build it, they will come!".

In other words, we need better facilities NOW in order to compete for the best recruits. Then when we can get the better recruits, we will start winning more, and we won't have a problem filling the south endzone.

We already have a big enough disadvantage with recruits not wanting to live in Iowa and the cold winters here. To offset that, we need to have great facilities. The indoor practice facility helped a HUGE amount, but we need more. Our stadium is nowhere near a Big 12 level stadium IMO. Without any of the ends bowled in, it looks like a glorified high school stadium.

Also.. can anyone tell me if there will be a glare problem next year on the new scoreboard since it will be facing south, right into the sun? I've been wondering about that.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
For the longest time I've been one of those that believes you first need to start winning consistently... and then the demand for seating would then dictate that you need to bowl in the south endzone.

But I've changed my mind on that. I'm now of the belief that... "If you build it, they will come!".

In other words, we need better facilities NOW in order to compete for the best recruits. Then when we can get the better recruits, we will start winning more, and we won't have a problem filling the south endzone.

We already have a big enough disadvantage with recruits not wanting to live in Iowa and the cold winters here. To offset that, we need to have great facilities. The indoor practice facility helped a HUGE amount, but we need more. Our stadium is nowhere near a Big 12 level stadium IMO. Without any of the ends bowled in, it looks like a glorified high school stadium.

Also.. can anyone tell me if there will be a glare problem next year on the new scoreboard since it will be facing south, right into the sun? I've been wondering about that.

dress for the job you want, not the job you have.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Bowling in the endzone at this time would be hard to justify with the newest tuition hike.

Why? Because the donors who are putting up money for this will instead donate to the University general fund for scholarships for every student to keep their tuition down if the stadium project doesn't go forward? The AD will put out bonds for tuition relief if this project doesn't happen?

They are entirely different pots of money and one has zero effect on the other. It's not like the project will make that tuition hike go from 5% to 10% or not doing it will make it go from 5% to 0%.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Why? Because the donors who are putting up money for this will instead donate to the University general fund for scholarships for every student to keep their tuition down if the stadium project doesn't go forward? The AD will put out bonds for tuition relief if this project doesn't happen?

They are entirely different pots of money and one has zero effect on the other. It's not like the project will make that tuition hike go from 5% to 10% or not doing it will make it go from 5% to 0%.

This. And don't think the budget cuts and tuition hikes aren't going to continue to happen. The Iowa legislature has made it apparent what is important to them, and its not funding education.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
This. And don't think the budget cuts and tuition hikes aren't going to continue to happen. The Iowa legislature has made it apparent what is important to them, and its not funding education.

Not higher education at least. Amazing how every year the fact that thousands of young people are leaving the state is brought up, yet we do nothing to keep them here.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
. . . I'm now of the belief that... "If you build it, they will come!". . . we need better facilities NOW in order to compete for the best recruits. Then when we can get the better recruits, we will start winning more, and we won't have a problem filling the south endzone. . . .

Anyone notice that Austen A. practically said the same thing this week here? He said, paraphrasing, great facilities are vital because that's somewhere near the top of a kid's list when visiting schools.

Nothing new, just a reaffirmation of what most of us are sure we know. You gotta spend money to make money, so to speak. We gotta do it.

canker2323

Oct 22, 2006
What Cheer, IA
Not higher education at least. Amazing how every year the fact that thousands of young people are leaving the state is brought up, yet we do nothing to keep them here.

If funding were to increase, why would that keep someone from leaving the state? They leave because there aren't enough good paying jobs. I'm not for cutting funding for higher education but if you look at bordering state tuition, students in Iowa have it pretty good.