Aaron Horne

Istate

Jul 15, 2008
His time at ISU is certainly going to be interesting to watch. Sometimes these kids who are so unheralded really bust their tail to prove everyone wrong. To be honest with you, I thought he looked better than Jantz after watching his highlight videos. It was the first time I'd seen Jantz throw and was amazed at his lack of arm strength. I know in our offense precision, quick decision making, and quick delivery are more important than hitting deep throws so that must be what Jantz excels at, but I worry about his ability to hit sideline and between the lb's and safety passes.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
His time at ISU is certainly going to be interesting to watch. Sometimes these kids who are so unheralded really bust their tail to prove everyone wrong. To be honest with you, I thought he looked better than Jantz after watching his highlight videos. It was the first time I'd seen Jantz throw and was amazed at his lack of arm strength. I know in our offense precision, quick decision making, and quick delivery are more important than hitting deep throws so that must be what Jantz excels at, but I worry about his ability to hit sideline and between the lb's and safety passes.

Well he had two very good seam throws in that video. The one was a forty yarder he threw on a very low trajectory and hit Horne in stride. The other one was probably 30-35 yards.

Istate

Jul 15, 2008
Well he had two very good seam throws in that video. The one was a forty yarder he threw on a very low trajectory and hit Horne in stride. The other one was probably 30-35 yards.

One of those throws was clearly late. I don't remember seeing any lasers, but I can go back and watch it. I'm not saying he can't be successful in Iowa State's system. He's just not strong-armed qb who may have success in this system.

BooneCy

May 30, 2006
One comment on the arm strength concern. We have had a backup for two years who had big arm strength and could throw the deep ball. He might not be starting.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
I think Aaron will be just fine. He knows how to get away from his DBs. I don't think we have a WR that knows how to do that tell now.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
One comment on the arm strength concern. We have had a backup for two years who had big arm strength and could throw the deep ball. He might not be starting.

The most critical in the spread is accurate passes. We have room for improvement there.

Help Support Us

Become a patron