Basabe

cyclone357

Dec 4, 2010
All my Hawk buddies keep going on and on about how good Basabe is going to be once he leaves Iowa City. What are your thoughts on this?

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
he's 6'7" and 200 lbs - an undersized SG at the next level. if he gains some weight he should be a pretty good college PF.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Meaning NBA? I don't know about that, but he's a damn good college player. He really impressed against us and he's looked pretty gosh darn good in a couple other games I have seen. 9.5 PPG and 7 RPG is pretty solid for a frosh. He's definitely one of the pros of hiring Fran from the Hawkeyes perspective.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Good player. Single handedly put them ahead of us in the first half of our game right? Almost had a triple double in the first half, was like 3 blocks short.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
basabe is a good player on bad team. so it makes him look a lot better than he is. He is good though.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
He's got talent, but like a lot of freshman, he's inconsistent. He's had some great games, and some games when he's disappeared. I think he will be very good by the time he's done.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
He's a good one, but I also thought Eric May would be a good one, and he's not been good in his sophomore year. We'll have to see how Basabe develops.

I wonder how he's going to adjust to losing so much. He could either be part of the turnaround, or get sick of it and bail. I don't see next year being great for Iowa, since it will essentially be the same roster as this year.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
He's a good one, but I also thought Eric May would be a good one, and he's not been good in his sophomore year. We'll have to see how Basabe develops.

I wonder how he's going to adjust to losing so much. He could either be part of the turnaround, or get sick of it and bail. I don't see next year being great for Iowa, since it will essentially be the same roster as this year.

I'm curious about this, too. I wonder if Iowa has any transfers after this year. Player retention will go a long way toward getting that program back on track.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron