New Rankings . . .

St8Grad

Mar 30, 2006
Nashville, TN
I hope not too, but Rutgers is actually a good football team. I think we can beat them, but they're definitely not pushovers anymore. Kinda like UCONN. They're more than respectable too & can win any given Saturday. Rutgers deserves to be there & we don't (at this point)...

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Central Iowa
Rutgers could beat us right now the way we play 2nd halfs... till we figure out how to play in the 2nd half, we ain't gonna beat a lot of teams...

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Rutgers is having a great year. Until our o line plays better, we are relegated tp Shreveport. Sad with the talent at skill positions, but the o line can't block worth beans.

darts180

Apr 12, 2006
Hold on a second, the coach at Rutgers took over a program that had lost forever, and had awful facilities, and budget, and here he is 4-5 years later being successful. What a f^%$^%$ing concept, another program passes Dan by.
And don't give me any talk about how bad the big east is, and it is, because the Big 12 is pretty bad itself.
Oh wait, it's a flash in the pan, 5 years from now when Dan is still trudging along at 6-7 wins a year, Rutgers will have a down year, and we can hear about how the stability of our program outshines these programs that win 10 games in a season, but go back down to 5-6 a few years later, however brief their stay at mediocrity may be, due to the fact that their years of success led to a huge increase in donations to the program.

clonestotop

Aug 7, 2006
ok wesley and darts180 I feel as if I have to come back at you over your last two comments. Wesley, yes, our o line did struggle to pass block against Texas but there aren't to many O lines that will have success against that team. Stevie was still able to average over 5 yds a carry. Plus there were numerous times where Stevie, who usually is a very solid blocker, missed a block allowing Meyer to get sacked. Other than that game our o line as given Meyer ample time.

And darts lets be honest Rutgers have played and beaten nobody. UNC, Illinois, Ohio, and Howard. Combined record of 4-11. The best team there might be Ohio who Mizzou just got done pushing around. So as much credit as the Rutgers coach should get, lets be honest they are not a Top 25 program and you need calm down on the Mac comparisons. Its a dumb arguement that really doesn't fly. And besides West Virginia and Louisville the big east is a joke. So don't say them going 9-3 in that conference is the same as ISU going 9-3 with their schedule. Rutgers are comparable to a Kansas and they will show just how good they are when they go down to South Florida and get beat this next week.

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Hold on a second, the coach at Rutgers took over a program that had lost forever, and had awful facilities, and budget, and here he is 4-5 years later being successful. What a f^%$^%$ing concept, another program passes Dan by.
And don't give me any talk about how bad the big east is, and it is, because the Big 12 is pretty bad itself.
Oh wait, it's a flash in the pan, 5 years from now when Dan is still trudging along at 6-7 wins a year, Rutgers will have a down year, and we can hear about how the stability of our program outshines these programs that win 10 games in a season, but go back down to 5-6 a few years later, however brief their stay at mediocrity may be, due to the fact that their years of success led to a huge increase in donations to the program.

Cracking the top 25 after beating 4 cupcakes constitutes "being successful"? :rolleyes5cz:

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

I wonder if it's possible for you to even have a rational thought. EVERY SINGLE THING YOU POST IS ABOUT FIRING MAC! Now I realize you don't like him but are you on this board to recruit everyone to your position or are you here to discuss Cyclone sports???

If you now believe that Rutgers is a better program then us after becoming ranked for the first time in a million years, then I will no longer be reading any more of your posts. Look at their schedule minus Louisville and WV. They could win 10 games and still be an average team.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Darts, honestly, I'm sick of hearing you ***** and moan about ISU football. After your first 3000 posts hating on Mac, I think you made it clear that you don't like him. Give it up.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee

You ever smell a raccoon that has been dead on the side of the road for 5 days is the hot summer sun. That's the kind of smell your posts are starting to develop.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006

LOL they won 4 games, and now they're flying by ISU? Get a grip.

ericlambi

Mar 24, 2006
To be fair, Mac has had ISU ranked mid-season several times. Once much higher than 23rd. If Rutgers manages to finish at 23rd, then that coach accomplished something at Rutgers that Mac has not done. Although I guess ISU was ranked 25th in one of the two final polls in 2000.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
The good news is our skill players did not fold, just the o line. There is hope and it starts Saturday night.

bosh_27

Apr 29, 2006
After 4 weeks of football a lot of teams still have not even gotten into the meat of their schedule. I remember in 2001? when we were ranked 9th in the country going to Oklahoma and things looked like we were really over the hump... somehow we ended up playing on a blue turf field to finish that season off.

darts180

Apr 12, 2006
Darts, honestly, I'm sick of hearing you ***** and moan about ISU football. After your first 3000 posts hating on Mac, I think you made it clear that you don't like him. Give it up.

You know, you may be right Cy, I guess I just would like a Mac supporter to give me the rationale as to why he is the best guy for the program, what is it that ANYONE can point to that says "yeah he is going to get the job done here," REAL REASONS, all I hear is budget, facilities, and the like. Those things can be remedied over time, but why, after all we have seen over twelve years, is he still the guy.
The Mac people have this bunker mentality. I mean is it because you have invested so much time in Dan, that you can't bring yourself to admit that he really might not be the guy to get it done??? Are you family members? What is the reason?
I keep thinking that if I got a fresh perspective, maybe that will change my way of thinking. I am completely open to any fresh thoughts as to why I am wrong on my thinking that Iowa State can do a heck of a lot better for a coach, even at 1.1 million dollars a year.

tcrowell

Apr 12, 2006
Davenport
I get as frustrated at Mac and co. as anyone else but I'll tell you why I think he should continue to be ISU's coach. Have you ever met him or heard him talk? He is quite possibly the most optimistic person I have ever encountered. When things haven't looked the brightest (and we've certainly had a few of those at ISU), after hearing him speak I was ready to get up and run some laps. I can only imagine that type of enthusiasm directed towards an athlete. As much as I hate to admit it, 5 star recruits are not banging down doors to get to Ames. Mac does as much or more with what he has at his disposal than any other coach. Look at it this way, suppose you replaced a coach at a highly successful program with Mac. I think he'd be just as good or even better. The man has only taken us places we only dreamed 12+ years ago. I think he deserves our respect.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
yeah....mizzou beating murray state, missippi, new mexico, and ohio makes them reaaaaaaally good.....i can't wait to kick the crap out of them when they come here