New Intermat Rankings

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
How have we gone down? I saw in the schedule on cyclones.com we haven't wrestled since iowa? Am I missing something? They show a 26 day gap of no meets.

GoCubsGo

Jul 22, 2008
It's interesting that we beat #8 Virginia Tech in a dual meet, but VT has more projected tournament points. Likely a function of our weaker weights being very weak relative to other teams.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
It's interesting that we beat #8 Virginia Tech in a dual meet, but VT has more projected tournament points. Likely a function of our weaker weights being very weak relative to other teams.
Jesse Dong had his redshirt pulled for VT and is ranked #6 at 157. Don't know why we dropped though

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I'll take underestimation every day of the week. Although, where we're weak, we're VERY weak, as compared to teams we beat.

We usually have a big December break before Midlands and the National Duals. We started exceptionally early this year though.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I'm not so sure. As I've said before, it's very possible that Reader will be our only wrestler to advance past the second round at NCAAs.

Possible? Sure, but Jackson knows how to get his guys to peak. I think we'll have 5 or 6 guys make it into the second round. We aren't going to challenge for the team title this year, but I think we have a legit shot of being in the top 10, and will at least be in the top 15.

We're a horrible dual team this year, but we aren't that bad of a tournament team. We'll know a lot more after Midlands next week though.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
We usually have a big December break before Midlands and the National Duals. We started exceptionally early this year though.

Coaches said in an interview that they packed the schedule early to get as much mat time as possible before Iowa.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
Coaches said in an interview that they packed the schedule early to get as much mat time as possible before Iowa.

. . the great ship ISU is taking on water fast. How sad. Now we can live in the past and take pride in all the great coaches we produced for other schools. What a legacy!

GoCubsGo

Jul 22, 2008
Possible? Sure, but Jackson knows how to get his guys to peak. I think we'll have 5 or 6 guys make it into the second round. We aren't going to challenge for the team title this year, but I think we have a legit shot of being in the top 10, and will at least be in the top 15.

We're a horrible dual team this year, but we aren't that bad of a tournament team. We'll know a lot more after Midlands next week though.

I think the jury is still out on this issue. Way too early to tell.

smitty

Nov 23, 2010
Go out to cyclones.com and read what Kevin has to say about our wrestlers. He knows them well and I went through his list and said yep, yep, .... I do believe he will do what ever it takes to get them prepared. It will be up to the wrestlers to take his advice and get better. I'm looking forward to see how we do at the Midlands and am pumped to see Ryak will be wrestling. I wish Moreno, Gadson and some others were going as well. This is a great time for them to see how they match up.