Who do YOU want?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Who do you want to win?

• Jerome Tiller

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Steele Jantz

Votes: 63 43.8%
  • Jared Barnett

Votes: 24 16.7%
  • James Capello

Votes: 25 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Clones21

Votes: 15 10.4%

• Total voters

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Who do YOU want to win the QB battle? This thread is not about who you think is going to win. It's about who you WANT to win. As of now I am really really pulling for Steele Jantz to come in and just win the job. I would just really like the JUCO to come in and win the job. I would also like to prove to the Tiller lovers that he's not the anwser. If Tiller does win the job I will eat my words. I just want Steele to win the job.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I want the one who has work the hardest December-August. I want the one that gives the Cyclones the best chance to win. I want the one that not only knows the playbook, but knows his players and who he is playing with.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
I want the one who has work the hardest December-August. I want the one that gives the Cyclones the best chance to win. I want the one that not only knows the playbook, but knows his players and who he is playing with.
You just worked around the question. Who do YOU want to win the battle as of now?

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Capello or Barnett simply because of age. Plus, for one of those two to win they REALLY have to prove they are better than Tiller.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
You just worked around the question. Who do YOU want to win the battle as of now?
I want the one that best fits my description. Since I started with the one that works the hardest December-August, and we're still only in December, I don't know which name fits that description right now. But that is who I want.

ZJohnson

Mar 27, 2006
Charlotte
CC of San Fran has had a pretty good track record of solid qb's coming out ready to play the last decade or so. I am with ya 21, my gut says Steele.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
I want the one that best fits my description. Since I started with the one that works the hardest December-August, and we're still only in December, I don't know which name fits that description right now. But that is who I want.
I'm sure you have a favorite though. Don't lie to us.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
I really don't right now. A favorite of mine will probably begin to emerge after spring ball.
Okay lets play it this way. Gun to your head and you had to choose one of the 4. Who would you say? What name would pop out of your mouth?

agardini

Nov 12, 2009
I'd say for this year either Tiller(if he really improves and I think he can) or Jantz. That would give Capello and Barnett one more year in the system to really get better. Then for 2012 I would hope that either Capello or Barnett would improve enough to be the starter. So a one year stop-gap will Jantz or Tiller would be my ideal situation.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Are you guys serious? You don't have one guy in your mind that you're pulling for? There just has to be. Now why don't you tell us all who that is.

I'm sure you have a favorite though. Don't lie to us.

Okay lets play it this way. Gun to your head and you had to choose one of the 4. Who would you say? What name would pop out of your mouth?

I really don't have a favorite quarterback. I don't need to. I'm a fan of Iowa State Football. If some walk-on freshman comes in and is just dominate in spring/fall and CPR wants to start him, that is who I am going with as my favorite quarterback.

If anyone is ever putting a gun to my head about who the quarterback for Iowa State should be, that person should probably be sent to a psych ward.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
I really don't have a favorite quarterback. I don't need to. I'm a fan of Iowa State Football. If some walk-on freshman comes in and is just dominate in spring/fall and CPR wants to start him, that is who I am going with as my favorite quarterback.

If anyone is ever putting a gun to my head about who the quarterback for Iowa State should be, that person should probably be sent to a psych ward.
:biglaugh:

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale

I agree. They're all Cyclones. I don't favor one over the other. Having said that, I suppose I would pull for Jantz. I say that only because it looks like our coaching staff thinks he has a chance to start. If they think he can beat out our current players, then I want them to be right. That could mean good things for us.