ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Fanatics -

Last night, I finally caught up with Navarro C.C. defensive end Cameron Henderson, who officially visited ISU last weekend.

I just got done transcribing the interview and I'm going to be totally honest with you here. I don't even know what to write. Cam was a nice young man but very tough to get any information out of. Earlier this week, Greg over at CSR posted this story on Cam.

Scout.com: Henderson trims list to three

Cam was quoted in that story naming Iowa State, South Florida and Central Florida in his top three.

He told me that it was Iowa State, Baylor and Arizona.

Cam told me that he'd make a decision towards the middle of next week.

Also, Paul Rhoads was at Auburn when he committed to the Tigers out of high school, so that will work in ISU's favor.

I just thought I'd make this post as opposed to writing a totally opposite story that Greg did. The less confusion the better. At the end of the day, ISU is still in the running. I'm just not 100 percent sure who the Cyclones are up against.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Thanks for working hard on this one, Chris. As long as he signs with us, it doesn't matter who the other 2 are :cool:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Well, I'd say it is better than not being on one of them. I like his history with Rhoads. But if he was in town last weekend, he saw one of the worst weather weekends imaginable.
The bright side of that being...no competing recruiter can tell him it's going to be any worse, right? :twitcy:

Problem is if he has us in enough top 3s, we may not even be in his top 10
I'll settle for winding up in his top 1. :biggrin:

I'm not sure if he's 6'5" or 6'2, but he does seem to be exactly the kind of force that Wally's defense needs more of.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
566055.jpg

This was two years ago. He's huge.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I honestly have no clue what is going on with his recruitment. In two groups he's named 5 schools but only one is common in each and that's us so it's a good sign. On the other hand he was talking to representatives of ISU so he may have just been saying ISU to please them. We should know by Christmas.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I honestly have no clue what is going on with his recruitment. In two groups he's named 5 schools but only one is common in each and that's us so it's a good sign. On the other hand he was talking to representatives of ISU so he may have just been saying ISU to please them. We should know by Christmas.

Of course, both of those lists were given to people reporting on recruiting for the Cyclones, so it could just be that he was telling them what they wanted to hear.