This is a pretty awesome view

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless
JTS.jpg

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless
I would like to watch a game from there sometime.

Yeah, and to be honest if you are a student you already are in one of the the best places to be INVOLVED in the game and with the crowd. Nothing beats being out in the open and taking it ALL in. Dude you got the world by the tail. Make it happen.

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless
kinda gives an idea of the wierd wind patterns at ground level. no snow on the edges has all acumulated in the middle.

Yeah, it really shows a wind pattern coming in from the sides and meeting in the middle. Simular to a venturi pattern, Although I really don't see how it would be restricted other than the wind comming back together and slowing down. ??? Any geeks in the house can explain further. ;)

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless
This view is good also. Simply put the ISU marching band kicks major ***. Funny, I'm so not a band type of guy but I honestly enjoy their perfonmances.

Picture014.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: iahawkhunter

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
so wait...when we miss a field goal its even worse than expected because the wind is pushing the ball towards the center of the goal posts from both sides.

hawkclone11

Dec 13, 2008
This view is good also. Simply put the ISU marching band kicks major ***. Funny, I'm so not a band type of guy but I honestly enjoy their perfonmances.

These seats definitely give a fantastic view of the stadium. It's really a unique look at the football field that I'll miss next year. Not to mention having full field access is pretty sweet too...here's a few of the photos I've snapped over the years.

Last edited:

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I would like to watch a game from there sometime.
I wouldn't. Seems to me that every time I look into the athletic building, the people inside are standing around, not paying attention to the game. Would be very distracting.

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
It is an awesome view & I'd also love to bring the fam to a game there; however, I'm not sure the "I" pattern of snow on the field is uniform enough to be just wind patterns. It almost looks like the field was swept or cleared to the center of the field, doesn't it?

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
It is an awesome view & I'd also love to bring the fam to a game there; however, I'm not sure the "I" pattern of snow on the field is uniform enough to be just wind patterns. It almost looks like the field was swept or cleared to the center of the field, doesn't it?

This is my vote...

or...

The dome on our stadium collapsed right in the center of the field letting all the snow fall in.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Looks like we need to have an engineering student do a study on the actual wind patterns in JTS. What is Kirby studying?