Football Recruiting: Steele Jantz sets sights high

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
Definitely excited to have him on the team. Going to make the QB battle that much more interesting.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Welcome to Steele Jantz, and he sounds like a confident kid that's ready to work hard to become our qb. After watching his highlight film I think he's got a great chance. I also like the idea of Richardson red-shirting to get more ready for Big 12 competition.

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
after the article i am more excited to have him in the cyclone fold! those are some impressive numbers although in j.c. Glad to see he has some legs on him but is a pass first guy.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
If Jantz ever becomes the starter, I'll have to start bringing Steel Reserve to our tailgates. Part of me will hate it, mostly my mouth and stomach, but it'll be a must.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Did I read those stats right and his completion percentage is something less than 58% (since that was the lowest they showed)??

If so....I'm a little worried about that.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Did I read those stats right and his completion percentage is something less than 58% (since that was the lowest they showed)??

If so....I'm a little worried about that.

It looks like he had am impressingly bad Oline. My guess is they had about a -10% effect on him.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
1 of their o-linemen had a c-usa visit? thats all i gathered from that link ficklone. what am i missing?
It actually said in the detail that a couple players on the o-line were banner prospects. It seems his o-line was not all that bad....but he was running for his life in the one vid I saw. Who knows.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
i don't subscribe so maybe i can't see the detail. or i am completely blind and am just not seeing it. take your word for it though.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
It actually said in the detail that a couple players on the o-line were banner prospects. It seems his o-line was not all that bad....but he was running for his life in the one vid I saw. Who knows.

The game was the championship, so they probably faced an outstanding JC defense. Obviously he put up pretty good numbers overall. Let the competition begin!

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
The game was the championship, so they probably faced an outstanding JC defense. Obviously he put up pretty good numbers overall. Let the competition begin!
I'm not concerned with that game so much as with the rest of the season....someone on the first page of this thread said he had a completion % of 58. And Hawaii wanted him to play safety instead of qb.

At any rate, nothing I can do about it....from what I've read he's a great athlete with a live arm, who can put touch on his passes.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I'm not concerned with that game so much as with the rest of the season....someone on the first page of this thread said he had a completion % of 58. And Hawaii wanted him to play safety instead of qb.

At any rate, nothing I can do about it....from what I've read he's a great athlete with a live arm, who can put touch on his passes.

Actually his completion percentage is something lower than 58% because that was the lowest on the list and Steele's name wasn't on the list.

I'll reserve judgment until gameday at JTS if he goes under center for us I guess.