This team has heart

H

HGPuck

We are by no means a great team, but we have a lot of very talented players on the field and a lot of heart. If we can get everything put together before its too late we will be a very dangerous team. Biggest game of the season is still on Oct 7th.

On a side note, all the people that claim to know so much about football and then oversimplify things in order to complain about coaching is driving me nuts. There is so much more going on that most people dont see and then they say things like if only we would throw it up to blythe or we arent aggressive enough at the end of ball games. Sure there are things I would like to see done differently, but to think we have a worthless coaching staff is crazy. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Covenant Clone

Aug 30, 2006
Clive
We are by no means a great team, but we have a lot of very talented players on the field and a lot of heart. If we can get everything put together before its too late we will be a very dangerous team. Biggest game of the season is still on Oct 7th.

On a side note, all the people that claim to know so much about football and then oversimplify things in order to complain about coaching is driving me nuts. There is so much more going on that most people dont see and then they say things like if only we would throw it up to blythe or we arent aggressive enough at the end of ball games. Sure there are things I would like to see done differently, but to think we have a worthless coaching staff is crazy. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Great post. That game tonight was a hell of a lot closer than the score indicated. We were a few stupid (one particularly unexcusable) penalties, a few better throws and few plays on defense that should have been made, away from begin right in that game, possible winning it. And all of the things that were mentioned above were the players fault, not the coaches. Like I mentioned in a different thread, the coaches put the players in the exact right position to make a ton of plays today and they simply didn't make them. Having said that, I believe they are capable of making the plays and they will in the future. I think we take a lot of things away from this game and learn from the mistakes. UNI is going to see a completely different football team than they have been watching on tape. I sincerely hope that we (Cyclone FANS) don't give up on this team. There is a lot of season left and a lot of things that can still be accomplished. IMO it is time we all come together and support this team and quit ******** about coaches, the play calling and all the other coulda, woulda, shoulda ********.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I completely agree. After the first 16 points were put on the board, I was ready to turn off the TV set in frustration and listen to the rest of the game on the radio while I did other things. The 14 points the team scored after that were much more inspired than going up 14-3 on Iowa the previous week. I really thought ISU was going to hang with Texas until Parker committed that bone-headed penalty.

I really hope Rashawn gets a "tremendous" booing at the UNI game when, or if he's announced in the starting line-up.

9seven

Apr 15, 2006
Indianola/Boone
I agree with you guys 110%!!!! Don't spot the horn's 16, say we give up only 7 pts. Then we get our offense rolling. Then take away the stupid penalites and the TD catch that should of been picked off or at least knocked down!! It would of been a much closer game! I live with 3 iowa fans and everyonw agreed we played with Texas, but stupid penalites and missed plays just didn't allows us to put up equal points. It sucks we lost but i feel we can play with Nebby and TT, so that means i think we can win the Big 12 North and play Texas/Ou in the Big 12 championship. I also like Mac opening up the playbook a little bit..... I just don't feel as bad as i should losing by 23 points!!!

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I do like the heart of the team. This shaped up early on to be a OU from 2002 all over again. Still got whooped pretty good today...yet we did show signs of life.

PlymouthCy

Mar 21, 2006
Hinton
Visit site
I do like the heart of the team. This shaped up early on to be a OU from 2002 all over again. Still got whooped pretty good today...yet we did show signs of life.

Totally agree with you. They didn't lay down, they kept on getting back up, unlke the '02 club. Lets hope they keep getting up after OU.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
See my rating on another thread. I feel optimistic. Hope we can get by Missouri. Minor injuries only. We have to get better, but we can. We saw a brave Bret Meyer mix up the plays well. Need the left side of the oline to look themselves in the mirror and get better fast. Need d line to find a way top penetrate.

Last edited:

Goclones1727

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
All i wanted out of this game is for ISU to compete, to show that they can stick with a great time, and not get blown out.

I came away from this game very impressed. The game was ALOT closer than the score indicated.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
I really hope Rashawn gets a "tremendous" booing at the UNI game when, or if he's announced in the starting line-up.
I'm one of those coach haters you complain about, but I could never sink to the level of booing one of our own players. He made a mistake, a very bad one. That said, he is working hard for this team and deserves our support. Everyone makes mistakes.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I was blowing off a bit of steam in that post, so I apologize. I don't really wish it upon any of our players to be booed by their own fans before they've even played the game; especially at home.

Rudy Katoot

Jul 11, 2006
I hope we don’t boo our own players anytime; it’s counter productive and hurts recruiting. The coaches will convey what is needed.

Great to see so many 2nd string people play, good for us!

Rudy
:wink0st:

amyk33

Mar 29, 2006
I was blowing off a bit of steam in that post, so I apologize. I don't really wish it upon any of our players to be booed by their own fans before they've even played the game; especially at home.

Understandable to blow off steam...we welcome back your rationality now. :)

Remember--Parker is young...he doesn't have all of his emotions in check. He'll learn from this and I would just about guarantee we won't see anything like this down the road from him if the coaching staff addresses it. Drive by JTS on Monday...the kid will probably be running the stairs.

Last edited:

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Understandable to blow off steam...we welcome back your rationality now. :)

Remember--Parker is young...he doesn't have all of his emotions in check. ...the kid will probably be running the stairs.
Heck not many of us posters have our emotions in check half the time...running stairs..No Thank You.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
The HOLE in our WHOLE season is the offensive line. If it played pass blocking better and gave better pass protection in one on one blocking situations, we would pass better an d have fewer false starts and control the ball longer and score more and play less defense and need special teams less and win more especially in the second half. Simple. The senior line needs to do better. Looking at the pros, they remind me of the Houston Texans pass blocking. Very simple.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
The HOLE in our WHOLE season is the offensive line. If it played pass blocking better and gave better pass protection in one on one blocking situations, we would pass better an d have fewer false starts and control the ball longer and score more and play less defense and need special teams less and win more especially in the second half. Simple. The senior line needs to do better. Looking at the pros, they remind me of the Houston Texans pass blocking. Very simple.

The other hole we have is open field tackling. In every game we have played so far, we have had way to many chances to tackle behind the line of scrimmage only for them to score or get big yards. 2 of EIU's touchdowns happened this way(not that they wouldn't have scored later). Too many times our players are attempting arm tackles or hitting above the waist. Arm tackles and hits above the waist worked in high school but will never work in the Big 12 or Div 1 football.

St8Grad

Mar 30, 2006
Nashville, TN
I agree, the TX game was much closer than the score appeared. I was impressed with our 2 early TD drives. Why can't we just re-create that consistently??? We always have letdowns that blow it. We've got heart (we usually do), but we've got to play a FULL game. I think we're very dangerous, but competing just isn't good enough anymore. We've got to get a W! There's still a lot of football left, so I'm anxious to see how this team progresses...

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
The Parker penalty was a big one, but he is young and aggressive, which works out well on most every other play. They didn't have a real good angle on the replay, but I was thinking he might have gotten spun around as the pass was being thrown, and maybe didn't see that the ball was gone until too late? That might not have been the case though. Either way, I completely agree with the subject of this thread. If they play with that much heart in the rest of the games, they will be fine.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron