Pollard: Fans don't appreciate the FB coaching staff

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I'm watching the WOI Channel 5 pre-game and they just interviewed Pollard and he made several statements how he doesn't think the fans appreciate what this coaching staff has done for Iowa State. He goes on to say that fans need to take a trip to Austin or Norman and see the stadium/facilities and realize how much money those programs have.

And he is exactly right!

darts180

Apr 12, 2006
Of course he said that, he's trying to get the fans to pony up 135 million dollars. And to an extent he's right. But, unfortunately, winning has to happen to get people excited.
Since he doesn't have that to fall back on, he has to join in the woes me, we're so poor speech.
Well folks all of the money in the world won't stop this coaching staff from pissing down their legs when it comes time to win a big game.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
What did he say about Missouri?

He said "If I had the facilities of Missouri, I'd take our entire coaching staff hands down over theirs and we'd be so much more successful than we have been in the last few years."

That's not completely exact, but damn close.

tellmac

May 10, 2006
Get over it !! Just win baby.
Our facicities are every bit as good as Mo.
Next excuse please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Get over it !! Just win baby.
Our facicities are every bit as good as Mo.
Next excuse please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I am not any happier with how we have played than you are, but get your facts right. I suspect that most of the folks who say just win our facilities are fine have never been in another stadium.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I am not any happier with how we have played than you are, but get your facts right. I suspect that most of the folks who say just win our facilities are fine have never been in another stadium.

Exactly right! Go look at OU's or the Texas stadium and facilities! Just look at the fact that they have HUGE stadiums (which means more money)! We as fans can't get 45,000 when our team is playing for a birth in the Big 12 Championship?!?! Mac gets us to that point and we can't even support the team...so don't just say that winning cures everything.

cybot

Apr 14, 2006
I think Jamie should put up a billboard in Missouri.

I wish somtimes Jamie would just shut the hell up.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I think Pollard is great, but he hasn't been around long enough to truly understand the fans' frustration. He is absolutely right that we don't appreciate them, but its because they haven't done enough! Nobody can expect 10,000 more fans to show up with the utterly erratic behavior of the team over the past decade. Up and down, up and down, there is no consistency. We have a solid fan base, but the tons of people we can bring over aren't coming until they see there will be success and something they will enjoy spending time watching.

The whole 'I started with nothing' is not an excuse. ISU fans may have had an extended period when we weren't successful, but we don't have a short term memory, we've known success and we've seen it. We are not newcomers to the game of football and are thankful for 6-5 & 7-4 seasons playing in shi$%y destinations in December like Boise and Houston. All we are asking for is to win ONE more game a year. If we could end the regular season with 8 wins, or my god 9 wins, I think everyone would be really happy! I know everyone loved going to the Insight Bowl because it was in Phoenix, an attractive destination in the middle of winter. Oh yeah, we ended the regular season 8-3! And ended up 9-3. That was a satisfying season. Come on Pollard, don't put this on us, we've had enough of mediocre unsatisfying seasons, and those close losses are not our fault.

Last edited:

Covenant Clone

Aug 30, 2006
Clive
Exactly right! Go look at OU's or the Texas stadium and facilities! Just look at the fact that they have HUGE stadiums (which means more money)! We as fans can't get 45,000 when our team is playing for a birth in the Big 12 Championship?!?! Mac gets us to that point and we can't even support the team...so don't just say that winning cures everything.

I have been to both and there is no comparison. And exactly right about us not even being able to fill the place we have. And yet Mac is getting more and more talent to take a look at ISU every year, he is signing better recruits every year, and he is not only doing it with the facilities that we mentioned he is doing it with one of the smallest budgets. Mac Brown and Stoops have virtually unlimited resources. But oh, yeah I forgot, MAC sucks and we should get rid of him. Everyone that is a MAC hater is going to feel like a real horses *** when we have a breakout year and the program gets to the top for good. Actually probably not, you will just deny the fact that you didn't believe and say that you knew it all along.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
when we have a breakout year and the program gets to the top for good. .

I'm not part of the "MAC sucks" crowd, but when exactly is that break out year coming?.... It ain't going to be this year. Its not going to be next year. And I'm pretty sure its not going to be the year after that, unless our current freshmen are really, really, really, really, really good..

Covenant Clone

Aug 30, 2006
Clive
I'm not part of the "MAC sucks" crowd, but when exactly is that break out year coming?.... It ain't going to be this year. Its not going to be next year. And I'm pretty sure its not going to be the year after that, unless our current freshmen are really, really, really, really, really good..

So you have a magic ball that is telling you that it aint going to be this year? So you are just throwing in the towel after two loses to ranked teams? Really good Fan support. You have absolutely no factual or relavent evidence that this year can't still be great. Last year is last year, that doesn't mean that we can't have a great year this year 9-3, 10-2. These are college kids playing their heart out and improving every week and you won't even give them a chance after two loses? Unbelievable.

I guess recruiting doesn't count for anything anymore, huh, since next year definitely isn't going to be the year according to the Pulse.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I think Jamie should put up a billboard in Missouri.

I wish somtimes Jamie would just shut the hell up.

Ahhh...this post just goes to show your inability to complete a rational thought.

Tell JP to shut up? Ok...that'll undo the big coaching changes for basketball and wrestling, the billboards, the master plan...oh...I could keep going...

:no6xn:

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
I have been to both and there is no comparison. And exactly right about us not even being able to fill the place we have. And yet Mac is getting more and more talent to take a look at ISU every year, he is signing better recruits every year, and he is not only doing it with the facilities that we mentioned he is doing it with one of the smallest budgets. Mac Brown and Stoops have virtually unlimited resources. But oh, yeah I forgot, MAC sucks and we should get rid of him. Everyone that is a MAC hater is going to feel like a real horses *** when we have a breakout year and the program gets to the top for good. Actually probably not, you will just deny the fact that you didn't believe and say that you knew it all along.
You do a good job of pointing out what Mac has done well. I will give him credit for recruiting well given our facilities and small budget. What everyone is complaining about is his poor gameday coaching. It wasn't very evident today as we were the massive underdog. I actually thought the game was fairly well coached. It becomes evident when we play crappier teams, get ahead, and then play not to lose (in which case we often lose). This is why I don't forsee that breakout year. The closest thing we've had was back when we made it to the Insight.com bowl. We haven't even been able to better that year since. I'd love to see the team prove me wrong and be on the other side of that hump for a few years, but I just don't see it happening with Mac at the helm.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
You have absolutely no factual or relavent evidence that this year can't still be great.
While there is not evidence that they can't be great, I would consider the recent past as evidence that they probably won't be.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
ARNAUD!!!

I saw that ISU used Arnnaud as a Non starter in the box score. Did they waste is red shirt year on a *** whompin by the long horns???