CF Podcast: 12-9 Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I really enjoyed the hypocrisy and contrast in the McD conversation and the ref conversation.
I'm guessing the officals don't want to miss calls just like McD didn't want to lose games.

chewbocka

Nov 25, 2009
I would love a Lil Wayne Christmas album if for no other reason than to see how it would turn out

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Ha. Very true. But both get criticized.
I've just never been a fan of the "It's not like he wanted to lose" defense. I doubt there are many coaches that ever wanted to lose, doesn't mean they can't be criticized.
I wish Greg the best and never hated the guy, just didn't think he had what it took at this level. I think it's human nature for people to revel in the misfortunes of people that didn't do what you expected them to for your team. It's like being glad your ex-girlfriend got fat and married a C.H.U.D.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I've just never been a fan of the "It's not like he wanted to lose" defense. I doubt there are many coaches that ever wanted to lose, doesn't mean they can't be criticized.
I wish Greg the best and never hated the guy, just didn't think he had what it took at this level. I think it's human nature for people to revel in the misfortunes of people that didn't do what you expected them to for your team. It's like being glad your ex-girlfriend got fat and married a C.H.U.D.

That's fine and like we said, you don't have to root for the guy. But making fun of him/CU every time they lose is just petty. Time to move on. He didn't win here. Both parties are in better spots now. Time to get over it.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
That's fine and like we said, you don't have to root for the guy. But making fun of him/CU every time they lose is just petty. Time to move on. He didn't win here. Both parties are in better spots now. Time to get over it.
Well, I've never been in the making fun of him and CU boat. I could care less about Omaha. But there's nothing wrong with talking about what happened when he was here. You can't tell me you've never talked about the Walden-era in a joking sense.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Well, I've never been in the making fun of him and CU boat. I could care less about Omaha. But there's nothing wrong with talking about what happened when he was here. You can't tell me you've never talked about the Walden-era in a joking sense.

Joking is one thing. Obsessive and borderline hateful posts about the guy is another. We see that quite a bit around here with McDermott.