ISU Hockey Gear

khehr

Apr 28, 2009
Ames
My son just got into hockey in the last two years, he is 6 and loves it. Plan on taking him to the ISU/UofI game on the 10th.

BUT

I want to get him some ISU Hockey stuff and apparently it is damned near impossible to get ISU hockey apparel. What gives?:confused: I realize it is a club sport, but come on.

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
My son just got into hockey in the last two years, he is 6 and loves it. Plan on taking him to the ISU/UofI game on the 10th.

BUT

I want to get him some ISU Hockey stuff and apparently it is damned near impossible to get ISU hockey apparel. What gives?:confused: I realize it is a club sport, but come on.
There's your answer. Other than the Puck Shop thru the link posted above, you won't find much of anything.

khehr

Apr 28, 2009
Ames
Thanks, I found that earlier too. My bone to pick, is why is the only way to get the licensed gear by mailing in an order form? Why can't I go to Strawberry Patch or T-Galaxy or DogTown or The BookStore?

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
If you're going to the game this weekend, they should be taking a bunch (if not all) of their merchandise to sell at Bucs Arena.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Thanks, I found that earlier too. My bone to pick, is why is the only way to get the licensed gear by mailing in an order form? Why can't I go to Strawberry Patch or T-Galaxy or DogTown or The BookStore?

They're a club so their distribution is a little different. They apparently have not setup anything for online ordering, which is unfortunate, but they do sell gear at their games.

The reason you will not find gear at any of the University licensed vendors is likely because of trademark issues. The club has to get permission to use the I-State trademark and most vendors won't jeopardize their status by dealing with a club team. Plus it would not be fast moving merchandise...

junckerl

Feb 18, 2009
Saint Anthony
The game on the 10th is in Ames they will have stuff for sale during the game. I don't know if stuff will be for sale at the Bucs arena on the 11th or not becuase it is technically a home game for Iowa.