What is the best way to download music?

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
I wanted to try to download a few songs for my MP3 player for running since I'm sick of listening to the same stuff all the time. The first couple of sites I found, it almost seems that you are downloading from someone else's computer which seems kind of odd to me. So I thought I would ask here what is the best way that's legal! Plus, most of the stuff I would want would probably be 50's to 70's if that makes any difference.

Cyclone_Power

Oct 23, 2006
Minneapolis
Probably the iTunes music store is your best option if you've got the iTunes software. If not, it doesn't take long to download and is easy to set up.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I wanted to try to download a few songs for my MP3 player for running since I'm sick of listening to the same stuff all the time. The first couple of sites I found, it almost seems that you are downloading from someone else's computer which seems kind of odd to me. So I thought I would ask here what is the best way that's legal! Plus, most of the stuff I would want would probably be 50's to 70's if that makes any difference.

Definately Itunes-but I would also shop Amazon.com for used CD's, you can pick them up for a song (pardon the pun) and then you just upload them into your Itunes library.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
I bought a Sandisk Sansa and subscribe to Rhapsody. It's $15/month, but you get to use any song in their library on the mp3 player. (like 3 million songs)

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Isn't iTunes like $1 per song? That's not a good deal by my math. :)