Sam Richardson

jman83

Nov 23, 2010
This Q is for anyone who follows recruiting closely. I see he is a 3 star CB who is a little undersized (5'8). Is he suppose to be someone like Reeves where he has a lot of talent and would probably play at a school like A&M (or any other school in the big 12 with a good tradition) if he were just a few inches taller? I'm always excited to see us get a 3 star or higher DB (even though I know recruiting rankings don't mean jack ***** a lot of the time)

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Talent, speed, and a 40-inch verticle (IIRC).

Edit: Article & quotes

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/171550

It helps Richardson’s vertical is probably somewhere around 40 inches. He can dunk a basketball.

Richardson also impacts the game other places. He’s blocked a jaw-dropping 17 kicks. His speed, footwork and size make him an elusive kick returner with five touchdowns.

Last edited:

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
This Q is for anyone who follows recruiting closely. I see he is a 3 star CB who is a little undersized (5'8). Is he suppose to be someone like Reeves where he has a lot of talent and would probably play at a school like A&M (or any other school in the big 12 with a good tradition) if he were just a few inches taller? I'm always excited to see us get a 3 star or higher DB (even though I know recruiting rankings don't mean jack ***** a lot of the time)
Yes, and if you can get a chance check out his highlight video. He has great leaping ability that trumps his height. Without seeing him, I would say similar to Reeves with a little more ups. Just the kind of guy ISU needs and will need to get.

jman83

Nov 23, 2010
Nice. I think we'll be fine at the CB position if we keep recruiting like we have with guys like Benton and Reeves and now this guy

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V3E1v6LEw0&feature=related]YouTube - Clear Springs High School Football- Sam Richardson[/ame]

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly

I cannot bring myself to answer a QUESTION when the OP refers to it as a "Q" :jimlad:

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I think he is a legit 3 star guy. Probably a 4 if he is 5'10. Could be very similar to Reeves.

cyclonenate

Oct 5, 2009
Des Moines
I think hes a 2 star.. probably just because of size.. runs a 4.4 and is obviously talented and a good jumper. Don't get why he's not a 3 though

CloneState1028

Jan 21, 2008
Ames, IA via Cedar Rapids

Therefore

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I wasn't actually confused. It was my way of pointing out the interesting fact (at least to me) that we have commits from two people of the exact same name in the same recruiting class.

Just another case of missed sarcasm through a couple of computers.

Help Support Us

Become a patron