Football facilities improvements

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CaseyJones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2008
Coach has expressed that we need some upgrades to our football physical facilities. I’ve never been in the football complex. Besides the south end zone needing to be enclosed, what else do we need to catch up with other Big12 schools?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
To catch up? A bigger weight room. New lounge areas in the locker room. Actually, completely redone locker rooms. The new football administration building will help with better offices for the coaches.

The only things I'll say we can definitely compete in are the Hixson-Lied Student Success Center and the IPF.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Coach has expressed that we need some upgrades to our football physical facilities. I’ve never been in the football complex. Besides the south end zone needing to be enclosed, what else do we need to catch up with other Big12 schools?

Tour some other conference team's sites. CPR wants a FB only building; with new lockerrooms, weightroom, lounge, offices, etc. and that is next after the video board. The South Endzone needs to be eventually bowled in. The new building, Video and Endzone are the big three.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
StPaulCyclone named everything that is in the works to be done. Video board next year, new football building connected to bergstrom is in the five year plan and end zone sometime after that.

CaseyJones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2008
To catch up? A bigger weight room. New lounge areas in the locker room. Actually, completely redone locker rooms. The new football administration building will help with better offices for the coaches.

The only things I'll say we can definitely compete in are the Hixson-Lied Student Success Center and the IPF.

Wow. How quickly things become obsolete. It doesn't seem that long ago when Danny Mac opened a new weight room and said it was one of the best in the country(?). (It was either a new weight room or an addition to the old one.)

CaseyJones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2008
StPaulCyclone named everything that is in the works to be done. Video board next year, new football building connected to bergstrom is in the five year plan and end zone sometime after that.

Will they keep the current video board and put the new one in the north end zone, or elsewhere?

Five years seems like a long time to wait for the new building. I understand it's a money problem. I give what I can afford every year.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

The obvious immediate improvement to me would be lights for the outdoor practice fields by the Bergstrom facility. We have to be one of the few BCS schools without them.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
ISU will always be behind in our facilities. We need big time donors and ISU doesn't have a lot of big time donors. Wish Mr. Kum and Go would build us a Krause Family facility!

Not going to a bowl game hurt...even if it was in New Mexico$$$

agardini

Nov 12, 2009

So I have been thinking recently about this new football complex to be connected to the Bergstrom. Where exactly are they going to put it? It would either have to go where the practice field is or go where that donor parking lot is. How are they going to situate this to limit the impact on space??

wright4cy

Jan 15, 2007
Boone
Will they keep the current video board and put the new one in the north end zone, or elsewhere?

Five years seems like a long time to wait for the new building. I understand it's a money problem. I give what I can afford every year.

The video board we have now will go to soccor fields ,if I remember right .

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Just let me win the lottery, problem solved. One of the jumbo super mega rich lotteries.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
So I have been thinking recently about this new football complex to be connected to the Bergstrom. Where exactly are they going to put it? It would either have to go where the practice field is or go where that donor parking lot is. How are they going to situate this to limit the impact on space??
I wouldn't be too worried about space...a lot of grass around JT to build on.

agardini

Nov 12, 2009
I wouldn't be too worried about space...a lot of grass around JT to build on.

I guess I really didn't mean that as I typed it. I was trying to allude to the fact that this building would have to either cover up the practice field or the parking lot right there. I wonder how they would locate this building. I would be pretty sure that they would want to try and keep the practice field where it is so that they aren't going great distances to get from the football complex to the practice field.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields

I still think a better idea is to "bowl" the NORTH endzone in by adding on wings to the Jacobson building to be used as the meeting/locker rooms/coaching office kind of similar to Indianas football stadium, just without the seats above it.

someone that can photoshop a hell of a lot better then i can could maybe do something along these lines. imagine the jacobson in the middle, then connect it to the lower deck with buildings each way. 2 birds-1 stone.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Minus the part where the Jacobson Building sits WAY behind the back of the endzone compared to the south endzone...

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
jacobsonexterior.jpg

not that far.