NFL lockout ??

LakeHavasu

Mar 27, 2006
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86406
If the NFL locks out the players in 2011, will college football played on Sunday? With the Big 12 and Fox Sports together, will the Big 12 be the Prime time football played on Sunday?

Thanks for your feedback.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wesley

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Might as well. That would be sweet.

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
NFL lockout = USFL taking over and replacement players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is Keanu Reeves when we need him for QB?

ia8manfan

Apr 12, 2006
Philadelphia
I doubt many teams/conferences would want to take a chance on it. What if the two sides reach a deal midseason and NFL comes back all of a sudden?

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
If the NFL ock out the players in 2011, will we college football played on Sunday? With the Big 12 and Fox Sports together, will the Big 12 be the Prime time football played on Sunday?

Thanks for your feedback.
NBC would have to replace Sunday Night Football (I'm assuming they still have the rights next year) so we'd probably get Notre Dame every Sunday evening!

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
I doubt many teams/conferences would want to take a chance on it. What if the two sides reach a deal midseason and NFL comes back all of a sudden?

Then just move the games back to saturday. They dont pick which games are on what time anyway until like 2 weeks before

But I doubt the league would come back mid season. how would it even work?

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Then just move the games back to saturday. But I doubt the league would come back mid season. how would it even work?

Why? It's happened before in the NFL and the NBA, you just play a shortened season. The NFL won't be locked out all year, there's going to be a lot of broke former millionaires out there. Just because those paychecks stop coming doesn't mean your mortgage or car payments stop.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Why? It's happened before in the NFL and the NBA, you just play a shortened season. The NFL won't be locked out all year, there's going to be a lot of broke former millionaires out there. Just because those paychecks stop coming doesn't mean your mortgage or car payments stop.

That is true. But an agreement won't occur on a Friday with games resumed two days later. If an agreement were to be made in the middle of the fall, teams would need at least 3 weeks to get ready as rosters won't even be filled until there is an agreement.

LakeHavasu

Mar 27, 2006
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86406
An NFL lockout won't happen

The NFL may lock the players out, but I really doubt that they miss any games because of it. The owners and players are just too smart to screw that up. They will settle about 2 weeks after training camp is suppose to start.

The NBA, I think they will lock out the players and will miss half of the season. But nobody watches the NBA until April anyway so no one will really notice.