Deace on Mediacom

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
I'm watching Cy-Hawk talk @ 8:30 and Deace is not pleased with our performance... at all.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I watched the first half of the show and he made some very good points about how we assume the role of underdog most of the time not giving ourselves credit we deserve. He made the argument by saying a lot of our players could be starters, or at very least, a consistent part of the rotation on the Longhorn team. Basically he was making the point that Chris Williams of CN said he thought the score would be us losing 38-7 and Deace went off about if we go down with that attitude, we don't deserve to win.

He was pretty brutal, but he made me look at a lot of things in a way I hadn't seen before that is for sure.

MrApathy

Aug 7, 2006
believe his comments on attitude are dead on. team needs less attitude on the field and little more hussle back and focus for the next play. want to celebrate celebrate a clear victory from hard 45 minute effort. should be 60 minute effort but I havent seen anything this season that suggest ISU play 60 minutes of football maybe if the opposing team fielded dummy bags

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
i would suggest everyone that has access to the show to watch it.. deace hits everything right on..

time to step it up.. it starts now

with regards to our season so far, i really want to see us play well against texas, then hammer UNI.. some people are thinking we may even lose that game. I would like to see us win by 20+ over UNI and then go in and beat nebraska to start our road to the north title. We can do this, we just need to step it up.. let's cheer loud for our cyclones and never give up.. just because we lost to an average hawkeye team, that does not mean we need to curl up and die. let's get out and fight for every yard ISU!!

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I watched the first half of the show and he made some very good points about how we assume the role of underdog most of the time not giving ourselves credit we deserve. He made the argument by saying a lot of our players could be starters, or at very least, a consistent part of the rotation on the Longhorn team. Basically he was making the point that Chris Williams of CN said he thought the score would be us losing 38-7 and Deace went off about if we go down with that attitude, we don't deserve to win.

He was pretty brutal, but he made me look at a lot of things in a way I hadn't seen before that is for sure.

Did Chris Williams really pick us to lose 38-7....if so, I just lost a lot of respect for him.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Yes I did on Deace's show Monday and I hope I eat my words. I'm really don't think giving my objective opinion should make you lose respect for me but if so, that's a shame.

One Note - I said that on Monday and just like anybody else, feelings can change. I think it will be a little bit closer now, but not by much. Our offense needs to prove some things to be before I will believe the Clones will go on the road against the defending national champs and give them a game. If the offense that we know we have shows up, then it will be a game. If the offense from the UNLV game shows up, it won't.

That's my honest opinion...I'm not going to inflate scores just because I work for CN. I will still be objective and I hope that you all, from Cyclone to Cyclone will respect me MORE for being that way.

Go Clones! Make me eat my words.

Last edited:

monkeybrow

May 19, 2006
I wish Stevie would take the same Yank can-do attitude towards his weight...observed him recently in person....good god man...for the sake of your children....get some help right quick

Last edited:

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Yes I did on Deace's show Monday and I hope I eat my words. I'm really don't think giving my objective opinion should make you lose respect for me but if so, that's a shame.

One Note - I said that on Monday and just like anybody else, feelings can change. I think it will be a little bit closer now, but not by much. Our offense needs to prove some things to be before I will believe the Clones will go on the road against the defending national champs and give them a game. If the offense that we know we have shows up, then it will be a game. If the offense from the UNLV game shows up, it won't.

That's my honest opinion...I'm not going to inflate scores just because I work for CN. I will still be objective and I hope that you all, from Cyclone to Cyclone will respect me MORE for being that way.

Go Clones! Make me eat my words.

OK, I guess saying I lost respect for you was not the right thing to say. You do a hell of a job, and I love reading your material. I am however disappointed in your prediction. I agree with everything Deace said, we cannot go into games with this attitude. It is OK to predict us to loose, but in my opinion, it is ridiculous to predict us to loose by 31 points. This Texas team would not even of been in the national championship game if it were not for Vince Young. Hell he was the one that one the national championship game for them last year, and they also probably would of lost to Okie St. last year if they didn’t have him in that game. Texas has played patsy teams so far this year with the exception of Ohio State, who throttled them.

Do I think we will win this game? No, I do not, but I would not be the least bit surprised if we did. I would however be shocked if we lost by 30+ points. The key for us is our defense needs to get PRESURE on the young Colt, and not let him have all day to look for his receivers. I know Texas has a great defense, but I know what our offense is capable of doing, and with what Texas has allowed so far with rushing yards, I would like to think we have been focusing a lot of passing plays this week in practice. Just my two cents.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Chuck...I respect your opinion...that's what's fun about sports...you have yours and I have mine.

I agree with Deace that Iowa State has the athletes to go down to Texas and make a game of it, I really do. But, from what I've seen this year, and from what I know about Texas...I don't like what I see heading into Saturday.

I agree with you about getting pressure on the Colt, but ISU wasn't getting pressure on UNLV, what makes us think we can on the future NFL line that Texas has. That was one of the factors going into my pick.

Another, we have an incredible offense. They have just yet to blossom. I think they will this year and I believe that they will live up to the hype by the end of the season, I just don't see it happening on Saturday.

In the end, if that offense does show up...and if the young D can create 2-3 turnovers to put the offense in favorable scoring position....Iowa State can do this. They really can...I just don't think it will happen this week.

Last edited:

monkeybrow

May 19, 2006
Chuck...I respect your opinion...that's what's fun about sports...you have yours and I have mine.

I agree with Deace that Iowa State has the athletes to go down to Texas and make a game of it, I really do. But, from what I've seen this year, and from what I know about Texas...I don't like what I see heading into Saturday.

I agree with you about getting pressure on the Colt, but ISU wasn't getting pressure on UNLV, what makes us think we can on the future NFL line that Texas has. That was one of the factors going into my pick.

Another, we have an incredible offense. They have just yet to blossom. I think they will this year and I believe that they will live up to the hype by the end of the season, I just don't see it happening on Saturday.

In the end, if that offense does show up...and if the young D can create 2-3 turnovers to put the offense in favorable scoring position....Iowa State can do this. They really can...I just don't think it will happen this week.

Nice seeing you in here mate...you do a fine effort over at your place

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I would however be shocked if we lost by 30+ points. The key for us is our defense needs to get PRESURE on the young Colt, and not let him have all day to look for his receivers. I know Texas has a great defense, but I know what our offense is capable of doing, and with what Texas has allowed so far with rushing yards,

The reason my spread is very similar to Chris Williams' is that, what have you seen so far this year that would make you think we could run the ball against Texas, get pressure on McCoy, etc. All of the things we need to do, we haven't done in one game yet. Thats why I think we'll lose by at least the 24 point spread.

Once again, I wouldn't be surprised to see us win. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Texas hang 50 on us. Who knows what to expect out of these guys at this point.

St8Grad

Mar 30, 2006
Nashville, TN
It is OK to predict us to loose, but in my opinion, it is ridiculous to predict us to loose by 31 points. Do I think we will win this game? No, I do not, but I would not be the least bit surprised if we did. I would however be shocked if we lost by 30+ points.

Good points Chuck. I too think it's ridiculous for ANY ISU fan to predict us to lose by 31 points, let a lone someonw from CN! CW, you obviously have the same mentality that many Cyclones fans have (like Deace said)...that we're the underdog all the time & that we don't have a shot in hell. Why do you think they play the game? Anything can happen on any give 'Saturday'. Facts are facts, but I'd hope that you're a realistic FAN before a factual naysayer.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Good points Chuck. I too think it's ridiculous for ANY ISU fan to predict us to lose by 31 points, let a lone someonw from CN! CW, you obviously have the same mentality that many Cyclones fans have (like Deace said)...that we're the underdog all the time & that we don't have a shot in hell. Why do you think they play the game? Anything can happen on any give 'Saturday'. Facts are facts, but I'd hope that you're a realistic FAN before a factual naysayer.

Facts are facts...you said it yourself. Facts are something that you can't argue with. You're acting like I want Iowa State to lose. I don't...I want the Clones to win just as much as anyone but as a journalist, my job is to give an objective opinion on the game and that's what I did. I could be a homer, cheerlead and pick Iowa State every week but that would be ridiculous.

The fact that I work at CN should have nothing to do with this. I am a member of the objective media. You wouldn't roast a Register writer for picking a game like this, so why me? That statement doesn't take away my love for this University. Radio shows don't bring me on so I can cheerlead Iowa State. That's not my job...my job is to provide insight and information.

Having a certain mentality has nothing to do with this. Deace wasn't even using me as an example like some of you think. Deace brought my name up to prove the point that if a tradionally optimist like myself picks that big of a margain, then something must be wrong. Trust me, we've talked about this today.

Anything can happen on any given Saturday...you're right, but that's a copout with my job. I don't have the liberty to say that when I'm on the radio/television or whatever I might be doing. I was asked for my opinion, I gave it and I gave facts to back it up.

I hope I get proved wrong and I hope that I have to eat my words. I just don't think that I will. Like I said earlier, if the offense that we know we have shows up and we get some turnovers on defense, then we'll have one sick game on Saturday. I hope we do!

Go Clones

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron