Tragedy once again hits Maurice Purify

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
His girlfriend was killed in a SoCal traffic accident over the weekend. If you recall, his brother was murdered in August.

HuskerExtra.com - Lincoln, Nebraska - Huskerextra - Football

Cann't 'Mo catch a break?

Another tragedy has befallen Husker football player Maurice Purify. The senior receiver’s girlfriend, Reia Shapiro, died in a weekend automobile accident in the Los Angeles area, Purify said Monday.

According to the Pasadena City College Web site, the one-car accident occurred Saturday morning. Shapiro reportedly lost control of her vehicle on the 210 Freeway in Pasadena. No one else was injured.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
This guy is doing good just being in college. If my brother died I would freek out when I was that young. Add this and he might lose it. I feel bad for the kid.

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
Sounds like the guy who played basketball at Alabama, can't remember his name or story but it was pretty similar...

His name is Jermareo Davidson. He was riding in the car with his girlfriend when they were involved in the fatal car accident. Ironically, they were visiting Jermareo's brother at the time who was in the hospital.