LeBron Already Throwing His Coach Under The Bus

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
if anyone is keeping track:
5-4 so far

need to go 68-5 already to have best record ever

need to go 70-3 to match Jeff Van Gundy's prediction

LMAO at the Heat frontrunners here, Chris Bosh would be the fourth best forward on the good but not great Chicago Bulls right now. Sure they could win championships, maybe even this year, but the idea that throwing the 2nd and 4th best players in the league together with the maybe 23rd best player in the league... in a city that can't even sell out their first game... would be automatic dynasty is ridiculous.

Lakers still look very tough, Celtics are very tough if they're healthy, Magic is tough, a handful of teams in the west are tough, when they get Boozer nobody will want to play Chicago which will likely be the best rebounding team in the NBA at full strength. Heat could still do it this year but it's far from a foregone conclusion. It certainly won't be because Chris Bosh was a great value contract, I think the Heat may actually have been better off pairing LeBron and Wade and using the huge Bosh money to pay better role players in the next 2-4 years.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
What the hell did he expect? You try to make a 3 man team, 2 of those 3 men can't sit on the bench for any portion of the game.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Nothing I would love to see more than an implosion of epic proportions to happen down there. Hopefully it spreads to the entire NBA.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
This whole thing is incredibly egotistic too: "Play me less in the 1st half and 3rd quarter so I, Lebron James, can come in and save the day in the 4th quarter."

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
After that production of the 3 players and fireworks and the cocky statements that were said during it that night....I hope they don't make the playoffs. Now that would be funny.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I actually wouldn't be surprised to see them move Bosh for a true PG or a real center. He really serves no purpose on this team...

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Bosh got posterized by Rondo, he's a punk.
I hate Lebron more and more each day. It amazes me that he has his own "PR company" and is so absolutely awful at it.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
What the hell did he expect? You try to make a 3 man team, 2 of those 3 men can't sit on the bench for any portion of the game.

Wade had a pretty horrible game.

The way LeBron is built, I could see him doing what he does as a huge freakishly explosive athlete another 4-6 years, then retooling his game and dominating down low another 3-5 years like Jordan did when he transformed into a beefed up post-up player. I don't know if he has the mental drive to do that but he has the body for it. He is PERFECTLY built to play this game. He seems physically built to carry the load. LeBron's Magic-like eye for passing the ball and being in the right place is not going to slip with age.

With Wade, he has good size for a 2 and can shoot but the only thing that really makes him a superstar is his explosiveness... he could lose that at any time.

Playing 40+ minutes a game could do that with Wade. LeBron could probably still be an amazing player without going above the rim or blowing by guys at light speed, Wade couldn't be at all. Wade has already had some nagging injury issues through his career and is a little older than James. If Wade were to go down for some reason or be overly fatigued, suddenly LeBron is playing with a similar or worse supporting cast and fans who don't care about basketball compared to Cleveland fans going nuts.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I actually wouldn't be surprised to see them move Bosh for a true PG or a real center. He really serves no purpose on this team...

You're right and I'm thinking more and more that the reason it made the most sense was that it was a carrot to resign Wade and lure in James.

There are soooooooooooo many amazing point guards in the league right now, maybe the most talented group of NBA point guards ever. Bosh was pretty overvalued, partly just by being grouped with such a great draft class.

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
As a Celtics fan I couldn't be happier with how this is developing. Last night's game was beautiful. I love how the Celts are an old school team who hate the Heat aren't afraid to let them know. Loved Ray Allen's quote at halftime last night when he was asked why the Celts don't like the Heat...."We really don't like anybody...we like our team, but that's about it." I think its great for the NBA to have teams that truly hate each other and really want to beat the hell out of each other, reminds me of the late 80's and early 90's.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I've always thought James was a punk, but I'm disappointed that Wade allowed this to happen. I thought he has a little of the Jordan / Kobe 'I will be better than everyone and break your heart' attitude. I predict they will try to trade Bosh this season, as James will scapegoat him.

To be honest, I don't think the Heat will get past Boston or Orlando.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
As a Celtics fan I couldn't be happier with how this is developing. Last night's game was beautiful. I love how the Celts are an old school team who hate the Heat aren't afraid to let them know. Loved Ray Allen's quote at halftime last night when he was asked why the Celts don't like the Heat...."We really don't like anybody...we like our team, but that's about it." I think its great for the NBA to have teams that truly hate each other and really want to beat the hell out of each other, reminds me of the late 80's and early 90's.

It really does seem like the NBA is having a renaissance right now. I haven't cared a lick about the NBA since the T-Wolve's imploded after their conference finals run, but I have found myself watching a few games again this year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron