MLB: Where will Ryne Sandberg go now?

Cyclone3944

Oct 25, 2010
With the Cubs going with Quade I am wondering if the White Sox would try to go after Ryno. I know the white sox are getting tired of their current coach and who wouldn't he is a big cry baby and the players do not want to play for him.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Um, what? This is one of the dumber things I've ever read on here. The Sox discussed bringing him on as a bench coach if Cora left, but that's it.

The second half of what you wrote is idiotic.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Um, what? This is one of the dumber things I've ever read on here. The Sox discussed bringing him on as a bench coach if Cora left, but that's it.

Seconded.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale

Thirded

He takes the heat for the players a lot. Reinsdorf (owner) and Ozzie are close, Kenny (GM) and Ozzie butt heads

Cyclone3944

Oct 25, 2010
Seconded.
Ozzie needs to start making his players accountable instead of crying to the media when when things go wrong. This makes him look like a terrible leader. Don't surgar coat the facts the players do not like him and that is why they do not perform for the JERK.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Ozzie needs to start making his players accountable instead of crying to the media when when things go wrong. This makes him look like a terrible leader. Don't surgar coat the facts the players do not like him and that is why they do not perform for the JERK.

The only thing Ozzie's ever cried to the media about was Joe West's being an ***, and the Twins throwing at Sox players way too much. He holds his players accountable, but he'd be a moron to throw his players under the bus to the media. They don't need to like the manager, they need to respect him.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006

Is your dad Jay Mariotti?

I totally understand how people who don't like the Sox don't like Ozzie. I understand how (some) Sox fans don't like Ozzie. But there's a lot of players out there that swear by the guy that have played for him.