Where to vote

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
so i checked some place on google to find out where im supposed to vote since im in ames but im barely in boone county. it told me i had to vote in luther iowa...why wouldnt i be voting somewhere in boone since luther is south of boone. any idea where i can find out where to vote? i tried the secretary of states website and it didnt recognize my address

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
thanks for the link. i have to go from west ames all the way to luther, iowa...seems kinda stupid when boone is only 10 minutes away....

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
i just checked google and going to boone and then south is about 25 minutes. ill check that route and see if its faster

trigger1

May 21, 2008
Ames
i just checked google and going to boone and then south is about 25 minutes. ill check that route and see if its faster

Not sure why you'd go all the way west to Boone only to come back east to go to Luther. And if you're already in Boone Co., you don't want to come back east to South Dakota. Especially since it's still closed south of Hwy. 30. Just head west on 30 and either get off right by the implement dealer, couple miles south, then west into Luther. Or stay on 30 to Hwy 17, then south.

Most importantly - thanks for voting!

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
so i checked some place on google to find out where im supposed to vote since im in ames but im barely in boone county. it told me i had to vote in luther iowa...why wouldnt i be voting somewhere in boone since luther is south of boone. any idea where i can find out where to vote? i tried the secretary of states website and it didnt recognize my address
Next time get an absentee ballot and you won't have to go so far!

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
Not sure why you'd go all the way west to Boone only to come back east to go to Luther. And if you're already in Boone Co., you don't want to come back east to South Dakota. Especially since it's still closed south of Hwy. 30. Just head west on 30 and either get off right by the implement dealer, couple miles south, then west into Luther. Or stay on 30 to Hwy 17, then south.

Most importantly - thanks for voting!

oh sorry i looked at the map wrong. i was thinking hwy 17 was the same thing as south story street. i forget that S story st. pretty much ends at highway 30. i think ill just take 17 straight south into boone. should be the easiest route

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Just go South on South Dakota (R38) to the Luther blacktop and go West, 10 minutes tops from West Ames.

Is that road open again? I know it doesn't matter for here, but the stretch immediately south of Highway 30 has been closed for months.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
oh sorry i looked at the map wrong. i was thinking hwy 17 was the same thing as south story street. i forget that S story st. pretty much ends at highway 30. i think ill just take 17 straight south into boone. should be the easiest route

Pack some clothes and food. With your map reading skills, you might out there a while. It's ONE TURN to get to Luther from west Ames.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron