Reddy to Roll

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
That will hamper his running ability, a sprain does not correct itself over a week.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Also of note in that article:

"Pelini also said cornerback Alfonzo Dennard is day-to-day after a collision with teammate Courtney Osborne left him with a concussion."

I'd be pretty surprised if they cleared a guy to play one week after sustaining a concussion.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
No shocker here, he was healthy enough to play in the 2nd half last week. If the game had been in jeopardy he would have played.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
An injured Martinez is probably the best deal for ISU. He will be less mobile and he is really not that good of a passer.

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Martinez' status for this Saturday's game???

The way I see it, whether Martinez plays will be a key factor in our ability to beat Nebby.

I'm sure they're keeping his official status a secret but does anybody have a clue? I've heard anything from "likely" to "potentially out for the season."

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Re: Martinez' status for this Saturday's game???

The way I see it, whether Martinez plays will be a key factor in our ability to beat Nebby.

I'm sure they're keeping his official status a secret but does anybody have a clue? I've heard anything from "likely" to "potentially out for the season."

The article in the original Reddy to Roll thread says that he is day to day and should be available for the ISU game. Now, whether that is true or not is another question.

Here's hoping we see Zach Lee.

PaulSTI

Aug 18, 2010
Believe it or not, I was watching this game with my mom, who's a nurse practioner and getting her doctorate in clinical nursing. She said that a bruise on the thigh like that is incredibly painful and depending on how much bleeding there was and how fast they got ice on the bruise, it could be painful for a week to two weeks. He seemed to be walking around a lot on the sidelines and didn't seem to have ice on it, so who knows. If he does play on Saturday, he probably won't be 100%. Will it make a difference? Who knows.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Believe it or not, I was watching this game with my mom, who's a nurse practioner and getting her doctorate in clinical nursing. She said that a bruise on the thigh like that is incredibly painful and depending on how much bleeding there was and how fast they got ice on the bruise, it could be painful for a week to two weeks. He seemed to be walking around a lot on the sidelines and didn't seem to have ice on it, so who knows. If he does play on Saturday, he probably won't be 100%. Will it make a difference? Who knows.

A deep thigh bruise can be very painful. I had this injury in high school, during a JV game the chain crew didn't drop the down marker when the play came towards them and I basically broke it over my thigh, it honestly felt like my leg was broken. I could feel where the bruise/bleeding was for months afterwards but I played the next week, and that was basically just icing it down. THis guy has a whole training staff getting him ready, I don't expect him to be too hampered Satruday but I'd imagine he'll take it very easy this week. The biggest test will be that first hit he takes.