Dentist in Ames

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
I'm looking to get a dental appointment (general checkup, nothing special) and this will be the first time I've needed to use a dentist in Ames rather than my hometown. Any recommendations?

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Consamus, your welcome. Honestly don't know if they take new patients or not though.

bb4cy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I had the same problem. I go to Dr. Glotfelty at the south east corner of Duff and 13th The guy is really friendly and always remembers who I am and what we talked about the previous visit. He's not aggressive and money-hungry and works with the insurance you have. I went to Dentistry on Somerset to begin with and they quoted me way high and wanted to do all these extra things all at the same time. Don't go there!

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
I use Stoltze and she is good, they do lack in a newer look like some but very personalable. I would say that one hang up I have with her is that she is a hawkeye fan and she wears hawk scrubs sometimes. But I just give her hell about it. Other then that she is good.

REDCYBIRD

Mar 27, 2006
Ames, Iowa
I had the same problem. I go to Dr. Glotfelty at the south east corner of Duff and 13th The guy is really friendly and always remembers who I am and what we talked about the previous visit. He's not aggressive and money-hungry and works with the insurance you have. I went to Dentistry on Somerset to begin with and they quoted me way high and wanted to do all these extra things all at the same time. Don't go there!
Dr. John Glotfelty= former ISU wide receiver..

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
Consamus and Hampton on Duff. Nice and clean office with state of the art equipment/technology.

Justin Hampton is who I go to. Younger guy who very professional and cares about his patients.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
This is a family site. I think you will agree that my story is a bit too gruesome for a lot of the users on this site.
This is a family site like Hooters is a family restaurant. It's basically a bunch of dudes having a good time, occasionally a guy brings his wife and from time to time his kids get a peek. Occasionally, the manager will swing by and tell you not to act like a dude (slap the waitress's ***, stare at her boobs, ask her for an HJ) and ruin the fun and say "this is a family restaurant" until his wife leaves then it's back to business as usual.